• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mt. Greylock Saturday October 10th

Luis,
I got a new pair of flip flops, g- string & trash bag as wind breaker......Will that do....
See ya at Mobil :thumb

Trash bags work great, great idea, but I do not want to know anything about your thong. :whistle

Unknown to most people flip flops are outstanding motorcycle gear:

- they are light
- shed water like a seal
- and provide great traction when manuevering bikes in the parking lot

I could do that. Suggestion for a place to meet?

RT 138 and 128/93 north. If you're coming north on 128/93 and take the exit ramp for 138 east, there's a Sunoco gas station and Dunkin Donuts about a 1/4 mile down on the left. Take a left on the street between the Sunoco and DD and an immediate right into the DD parking lot.

I'll be parked there ready to roll at 7:30.

RT 138 and 128/93 north. If you're coming north on 128/93 and take the exit ramp for 138 east, there's a Sunoco gas station and Dunkin Donuts about a 1/4 mile down on the left. Take a left on the street between the Sunoco and DD and an immediate right into the DD parking lot.

Ken - that is to meet up with you to go to the Mobil on 2/2A right?

For those of you in the area, that are just lurking, please do show up at the restaurant, or at the Mt. We'd love to meet you (I think). :)

Ken - that is to meet up with you to go to the Mobil on 2/2A right?

Yes, I'll be meeting tommcgee and riding up to the Mobil station in Concord to meet up with the rest of the crew from there. Anyone else down here on the south shore that wants to join in, meet us at DD on 138!

See you then. I'll be on the Vstrom.

126255 pops {paul}

I showed up at the top of the mt at 11:15 and waited till almost 1:00 but did not see anyone. Did I wait in the wrong place? Paul

greylock

You have got to read the entire thread Paul to get the whole story.

The group met at the Frieght Yard Restaurant in North Adams for lunch at about noon. While having lunch, there were 11 of us in the group, it started raining a little bit. Not alll of us headed up to the top of Greylock after lunch, maybe 7 or 8 of us went up, but it was raining fairly hard and very foggy on the way up, somewhere between 1:30 and 2:00, the North Adams side of Greylock. We managed to make the summit, were directed into the motorcycle parking lot, took a couple of quick pictures just to prove we were there, and made plans to quickly depart the wind, rain and fog conditions.

I headedd down the south side toward Pittsfield. About half way down Greylock, the weather quieted down as I came out of the clouds. By the time I was a little south and west of Pittsfield the sun was out for the rest of my ride home.

I hope the folks heading east into MA were as lucky.

A fun day of riding other than just in circles in a parking lot.

Friedle

Thanks for a great day

I just wanted to thank all that joined on such short notice for a great ride.

It was a sloppy slippery mess up greylock with no view but we have pictures to prove we were there. :thumb

Sorry you missed us at Greylock 126255.

Ken, Joe, Ann and myself went back on 116 to the Pike - Thanks Bubba for the suggestion - spot on.

At the 128 exit we all parted ways.

Nice to meet everyone and the food was real good - thanks to Ann

We have to do this again because everytime Ken goes up there for a group picture the weather is crap!!

I will post some pictures later I only have two - we are off to dinner and then a glass or two of wine.

Thanks again and have a great weekend everyone.

Luis

What a crazy weather day! But we really enjoyed meeting everybody! Thanks for organizing it Luis :clap

It was 60 and sunny in Nashua, we dropped a layer as we gassed up,
We headed west on 101 and immediately saw that we were driving into the clouds.
We'd lost 15 degrees by the time we darted between leaf peepers at the top of Hogback Mt. There was moisture in the air and on the road, but no real rain.

Things improved slightly as we headed south on Rte 8 through Vt, and down into North Adams for lunch. While we ate and told lies, the storms caught up with us, and it was pouring as we headed back East on Rte 2. Then it got worse. The wind was howling, the leaves where pelting us...it reminded me of the kind of day one would curl up on the couch with a good book and a warm beverage, look outside at the wind and rain and the leaves being slapped against the window and think how nice it is to be warm and dry. That is what I was thinking....I wish I were warm and dry.

My wish came true about an hour later. We stopped in Shelburne for a cappuccino, and to remove some rain gear. The rain had given away to noticeably bluer skies. Another half hour east and you couldn't find a cloud, it was like a different day!

And we set off for a new ride. We got off rte 2 and with the bad weather behind us managed to find the worse road in the Commonwealth. MA 32 :sick
We finally rolled home as the light faded. A good time was eventually had by all.

3999641944_e1670a236e.jpg

Back