• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Mt. Greylock Saturday October 10th

Enter from 7 or 8 or 116, north or south ? Or are we trail riding :D
joe

I based my GPS route endpoint on this, taken from here... http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/mtGreylock/directions.htm

Access to Mount Greylock from North Adams, Rte. 2
On MA Rte. 2; heading west from downtown North Adams 1.2 miles on the left, or heading east from Williamstown 3.7 miles on the left, turn onto Notch Road and follow brown lead-in signs 2.5 miles to park entrance. Driving distance from Rte. 2 to summit is 8.5 miles.

Ken - doubled checked how my GPS routed and it was taking me south and then west and then back up North to the summit.

I put in some strategic waypoits on Mt Greylock road and now I have a distance of 9 miles with a travel time of 20 minutes.

thanks for the double check - loaded corrected routes to GPS.

Luis

Last edited:
Current Head Count

This is what I have confirmed from either postings or pm's

Gail (SheRidesABeemer)
Tom (tommcgee)
Joe (119240)
Ken (RTRyder)
Steve (Oldhway) and his wife
Luis (Semper Fi) and my wife

Possible

Derek (BubbaZanetti) and fiancee?

So confrimed we have 8

If we add Derek it is 10

If the confirmed folks are bringing either passangers or riders please let me know.

Post/PM/email is fine, my email is bsm335xi@gmail.com

I will give this another day and then see about reservations at the Freight Yard Pub.

I can meet at either the Mountain Top or the pub, no preference. Weather is starting to look up.

Gonna slab up 91 to Greenfield then 2W (Mohawk trail, yee haw) over to Greylock.

There's a Friendly's restaurant just off the exit on the western side of 91 on RT 2 west, take the exit , go round the rotary onto RT 2 and it should be right there as I recall. Mapsource says it's 77 miles and 1 1/2 hours from our starting point in Concord MA. Assuming we leave at 8:30 as planned, we could meet you at Friendly's around 10:00.

I'm bringing a guest on a loud bike...:heart
3012954091_0bb5619f09.jpg

We're gonna make him / her scrape those pegs. :D

On a side note - today waiting for my son to get off the bus a parent backed into my bike & almost tipped over - IN FRONT OF ME :cry - he got out to tell me he did not see my bike - I asked him - you pulled in to this parking spot - you saw it then- I did not see it in my mirror, when I backed up ! It could of been a kid you hit............
Anyone have a PVC frame idea - thing to build with a bike flag - to stop people from backing into my bike :nono

Gail - that is great!

Ken - thanks for the check - will add the Friendly's as a waypoint

Steve - can you make it there at around 10?

We're gonna make him / her scrape those pegs. :D

On a side note - today waiting for my son to get off the bus a parent backed into my bike & almost tipped over - IN FRONT OF ME :cry - he got out to tell me he did not see my bike - I asked him - you pulled in to this parking spot - you saw it then- I did not see it in my mirror, when I backed up ! It could of been a kid you hit............
Anyone have a PVC frame idea - thing to build with a bike flag - to stop people from backing into my bike :nono

Wow - i would say more but wont.

What i usually do when I park and am dismounted for a short time I throw the hazards on - more for my peice of mind knowing I did all I can.

Glad no damage happened or people got hurt.... wow

There's a Friendly's restaurant just off the exit on the western side of 91 on RT 2 west, take the exit , go round the rotary onto RT 2 and it should be right there as I recall. Mapsource says it's 77 miles and 1 1/2 hours from our starting point in Concord MA. Assuming we leave at 8:30 as planned, we could meet you at Friendly's around 10:00.

I will shoot to be there at 10:00 but might be a little later. No later than 10:30 though. I have Luis cell number so I will give him a shout if there is a problem. It will be a good coffee break spot for us.

See everyone who's coming on Saturday.

don't think i'll be making it up there this weekend, but.........

i know time if of the essence, but if you guys come in on 2, you should consider going out by 8, down to adams then 116 to deerfield where you can then go back north to 2, south to 90 or take rt 9 just a bit south in northampton.

116 through ashfield and conway is one of the best riding roads in MA.

So where is the rendezvous point for the group? And what time?

It's the Mobil gas station at bottom of the hill where Rt 2 takes a hard left at the intersection of RT 2 and 2A in Concord MA, arrive around 8:00, departure at 8:30.

I'll be riding up from Brockton, leaving the house around 7:30 if you want to meet up for the ride north to the rendezvous.

At the hard left gas station 2/2A or at the circle / jail. 2/2A
I gotta '91 K75S for sale as well, more a fixer upper or parts bike FYI.

NOT the one at the traffic circle, it's the station closer to 128 where RT2 takes the hard left at the bottom of the hill, there's a set of traffic lights at the turn.

Ken - thanks for keeping it going I was tending to my dog who needed to go to the vet - nothing serious, just unfortunately getting old.

As Ken stated at the junction of 2 and 2A there is a mobil station, we'll meet there at 8 and be prepared to leave by 830.

I like Bubba's suggestion for the return route.

I just made reservations at the Freight Yard Pub for 10 people for 12 to 1230.

I figure we ride out to the restaurant - we eat - and then continue with the trip to Mt Grelyock and during lunch we can discuss the second half of the ride.

The weather looks good - cool but good, the eastern part of the ride may be damp, conflicting weather reports, so please dress appropriately.

Really looking forward to this and meeting all of you - thanks

Luis

Back