• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello

ckinneavy

Hello My name is Chris I am 28 years old and Just purchased a r1200gs. Growing up my grandparents always had BMW bikes. They were always going off to a rally here or a camp out over there. Fast forward a few years and I was finally ready for my first bike thought I wanted a big cruiser . So I bought a Kawasaki Vulcan could not ride it more than a hundred miles at a whack or my back and but where killing me . I remembered back to when my grandparents would ride their beemers 150 miles just to visit for the day or pack all their camping gear and cross two states to camp for a weekend. And thought this is what i want so I jumped in with both feet and could not be happier I love this bike and look forward to many miles

Glad to have you here. Looks like you have a great BMW heritage.

Yes, jumped with both feet! GS is a great ride and a heck of a street bike.

In what part of the country do you live?

Welcome to the family. :wave

Hello Chris,
Believe it or not, getting the GS 12 early will actually save you a lot of time and money. Start out big, it saves in the long run. Cool story about your grandparents. "Yes. Grandma is very refined, she rides around on a BMW"

Welcome

Gotta love the GS for all day ride and camp!
And you can farkle 'em up or down to your own needs/wants.
BIG change from a cruiser, I bet!

Hello and welcome Chris :wave

And thanks for helping skew the average age around here.... :ha

Back