• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Women of ALL brands welcome in Milwaukee May 2010

Thanks Voni, for bringingthis up.
I wanted to mention a number of the Wisconsin Club Women joined the "Women Motorcycle Month Ride sponsored by H.D. this past May in Milwaukee. Although a short ride, It was a neat gathering of 300 Women on Wheels. As expected, most women were on Harleys. but we had free admission to The Harley Museum, which is a must for anyone visiting Milwaukee. A 1/4 mile to the south of the museum is the Iron Horse Hotel, a theme hotel dedicated to motorcycles and extremely tasteful in it's decor.
I think this event coming up next year is something to pay attention to. TVgal2000 and a few other BMWMOA members attended the Colorado function this past summer and had great things to say about it.
Stay tuned, as they say...........

At the AMA Women & Motorcycling Conference...

The Harley people announced this event... but there weren't too many details about it. But if every woman at that conference brought one other woman, there would be a couple thousand women there!

I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open for more info about this - hopefully it will be easier since I'm in Milwaukee!

BTW - all makes are welcome so although it will a lot of HD riders, I'm hoping that some more BMW women will be there representing!

I'm trying to think of a way we can be represented at the festivities. I'll do some bainstorming over the next few weeks and post my ideas here. Anyone else that has a thought should do the same.
We could make a strong showing of "Women of the MOA", don't you think?
And yes Voni, our snow is always gone by May. :D

Well, gee. I was gonna say I would pencil it in, but I see that I already said I was in in a response to the article. :dunno

Actually, I usually do a Torrey, Utah ride/event in May, but perhaps I can squeeze both in. Still sounds like a load of fun!

This could be fun!

Party planning is officially in high gear.
From the owners of Cubanitas-the best Cuban restaurant you will ever want to visit:
"Saturday, May 22nd is our Annual Cuban Day Celebration 11 am to 4pm and at night the ladies of Harley Davidson will be partying on the street.

Anniversary Party for Cubanitas will be in September but not sure of the date."

Both events will be well worth attending.

One gig among many.

The party is on!
From the owner of Cubanitas:
Marta wrote:
> Yes we are blocking off the street. Same as usual until about 4pm and then the whole street will be participating from 5pm to ?? on a street event that I think is to welcome female riders. I will pass along more as I find out more.
>
> MARTA BIANCHINI
> CFO & Co-Owner

This could be a whole lotta fun...
Ride safe.

Back