• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

so what am i doing wrong?

rocksterboy50

Okay so i joined the MOA registered to post but when a click on a forum i usually only see about 20-50 treads when the page says that there are many more in existence. whats up?

OOPS... i'm bad. put on my reading glasses and figured out i was looking at the last 30 days posts (the default setting) all good now

Okay

how about splaining your name? i take it you ride a rockster (like all the really coolio, baaaad-ass bikers do). which one ya got? how do you like it? how long you had it? details.....(please)

My bike is a citrus green/black rockster with the BMW touring windshield (worth every penny), barbacks (5'5 with short inseam), and the hard panniers. The bags never come off since this is a daily driver and i run errands on the way home from work. I also like to have rainsuit handy for the frequent summer rainstorms and a few more tools than the token kit provided. I got a great deal on it since it was the demo at the dealership and at present it has 8500 miles on it. There is no surging or rough spots in the entire powerband in any gear. I have had to take it back for some fuel line problems and by coincidence the dealer got the official notice of recall for the problam on the same day i took it in. all fine now. My dealer is BMW of TampaBay (thats in florida if you don't have a map handy) and i don't get all the complaints i am reading on these forums since i have been treated really well, my bike has been babied and from talking with other customers has no problem getting parts and warranty oks as quickly as possble. I am subjected to lots of abuse since i always dress out to get on the bike (moreso during the winter) but having survived a couple of crashes largly unscathed in many years of riding i just sneer back. Thanks for the interest tell me about your bike now and as time goes by i will edit my profile to include more about me. Oh yeah the name, I own a rockster, i am the same size as any 14 yr old boy and my best friends are 5'11, 6'3 and 6'4 so i hear "right, boy " "see you tomorrow boy" and "how's my favorite little man" alot so that explains the boy, and i just turned 50 last month. Got it?

Got it. Glad you are happy with your Rockster. Mine is copper/black and (as K-Basa noted above) my one year review was featured in the October issue of the ON. (You are a BMWMOA member, ain't ya?) Rock on

Back