Thread: greetings from SIN CITY! vegas...

vegas_rider

greetings from SIN CITY! vegas...

hi guys!

just joined the BMWMOA today, just bought my beautiful 2004 R1150 r last thursday and I absolutely love it!! it's my 2nd bike, and i learned how to ride for my first year on a 2007 triumph bonneville black! it was a wonderful bike, but i'm totally digging my new BMW!!!

any other riders in the vegas area? i'd love to get to know you all!!

cheers,

shawn
    Last edited by vegas_rider; 09-23-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: adding pic of bike!

vegas_rider

question on my membership

hey guys,

stupid question here, but with the info i provided when i registered, will i just get all my stuff in the mail? like my decal and patch and stuff, and will i also start getting my BMWON issues as well? is it automatic or is there anything else i need to do?

thanks!

Hey Vegas_Rider!

I'm a Las Vegan new to BMWMOA as well and this Forum. They sent my membership kit out within a few weeks of joining. However, I was going to Alaska the next week so they gave me the membership number which got me about $500 worth of discounts on that one trip... well worth it! My magazine started this month and is a nice read.

If you don't already know, there is a BMWMOA Utah Weekend gathering up in Cedar City this weekend. I'm headed up tomorrow (Thurs) and staying through Monday to cruise Utah part on / off road. Rooms at the Crystal Inn for members rate of $59.

PM me if you want my contact info. I ride a gray F800GS with Jesse Bags and other farkles so maybe we've met up at the shop?

RobStar

I see you're a creative and a Mac-head too! I'm a Steadicam Operator for film and television.

vegas_rider
    robstar!

thanks for the info, guess i'll just hang tight around the mailbox till that stuff comes in!!! i would totally hit that event up but i got some nutty stuff going on this weekend with school/work!!! totally gonna hit you upo for contact info!

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    Welcome Vegas_Rider!
    My last bike was an R1150R, and it was a terrific nekkid touring machine.
    I confess, I don't go in much for fairings and plastic.
    Are you liking the wind on your chest, or are you thinking of a flyscreen?
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60

Welcome to the family.

Sorry I missed your first post which was a good one as it included a pic of your bike!

I know you will enjoy the Owners News as well as all the fun here on the forum.

Hope to meet you on the road.
    Ride Well