• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pictures - Bikes, Trips, Scenery, Life Moments

800 miles later, I am just getting used to my lowered suspension 2013 R1200R (Anniversary Edition)! I swear, I feel like I'm riding a rocket in the morning: but I love it. Upgraded from a 2010 F650GS, which I truly miss, but this ride fulfills all my adrenaline needs. :)

8933324297_b81f75c4de_c.jpg

i-DQWsM4x-O.jpg

I can't believe how tiny it is!

Wow...that's a good looking bike! How does it ride?

Wow...that's a good looking bike! How does it ride?

It is a fun ride. Similar to a Suzuki DR650, but slower. It is slow to get up to speed and you have to anticipate braking with the dual drum brakes. I can't believe I used to commute to high school and college on this bike :brow

My first bike can be found in this thread, post #13.

Here is my new bike.

1388604053.jpg

The hubby says I have to sell the /7 but he's got two bikes in the garage. Sometimes I have to remind him who's in charge. :laugh

Sell one! No way.

Besides, yours is a twin to mine. :)

small leaving colorado.jpg

Living the Dream Everyday!

I am going on my first group travel ride ever! Will be the only female rider in the group. This adventure is called the Summer Solistice Ride. Starts on 20 June and ends when we pull in the driveway (probably the 27th).

We are going from Auburn, WA to Olympia and picking up the riders. We then head west to Aberdeen and then start our way north to Lake Quinault. We will then west to Kalaloch and continue north on Hwy 101 to Forks. We take Hwy 110 West and head to La Push and Rialto Beach. We backtrack 110 and ride back to 101 and head northeast, skirting the southern side of Lake Crescent. Continue to Port Angeles. Spend two nights glamour camping overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

On Saturday we will head on over to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Forest. Loose plan is to take Hwy 112 to Neah Bay and then hike to Cape Flattery. Coming home we will take Hwy 112 to 101 east, Hwy 20 to Port Townsend. Take the ferry to Whidbey Island, where we will most likely spend the night. From there we continue our lap around Washington, riding the North Cascade Loop,(Hwy 20 East to Winthrop then south on Hwy 153 to Brewster, then west on Hwy 97/Hwy 2 to Leavenworth. We may stop in Plaine for the Touratech Rally or, we may continue on Hwy 2 to Monroe where we turn south and head home.

Next year we will ride to the BMWOA Rally in Montana!

Living the Dream everyday!

One of my favorites in RMNP...she said "you see that grey fox?", I replied "yeah, but look what's crossing next to me as she came up on my right side. Her quick next reply as she was stopping quickly cannot be repeated here :laugh:laugh:laugh

Copy of P1010079.jpg

^^^^^Awesome^^^^^ It has been a long winter already and photos like that bring out lots of memories and stir the passion for another riding season.

I don't think I've posted a pic of my bike yet, so here it is. This is my 4th 650 single BMW, and I love it...definitely the right bike for me :dance.001.JPG

Back