• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pictures - Bikes, Trips, Scenery, Life Moments

Hi Karol,

Yes, you are correct that a sidecar does take upper body strength to steer. However, depending on how the front end is set up can make it easier to steer. On the Duetto I really just have to apply pressure to the right or left hand grip to make most turns. I've got a steering mod on the GS so it's pretty much the same story there. I walk with crutches so I have a lot of upper body strength, so I'm probably not taking that into account. The dynamics of steering are completely different on sidecars versus 2 wheels. On a sidecar when you want to turn right, you turn right just like in a car.

If you want a better comparison I can ask my husband to chime in as he rides both.

And I do have to say I have the ultimate in luggage space! :)

Absolutely, ask your husband for his .02. Sidecar would be great for luggage, and to carry the critters.:)

And I do have to say I have the ultimate in luggage space! :)

An excelent point. The men (that would be me) are alway complaining about how much stuff she (my wife) is packing. If my she rode her own bike then it seems that there would be more than enough room for all the stuff. This issue is now solved.

What about squeezing the toothpaste from the middle vs. rolling up the end?

She's not here yet but I'm working on that.

In the mean time:

P5300163.jpg

Here's another favorite of mine:

n1104784060_30129583_3828127.jpg

This was me up in the Thunder Basin Grasslands during the Gillette, WY national rally.
We spent about three hours getting lost up there!

334064144_GhMpa-M.jpg

This is fun!

631414937_nh2sC-M-1.jpg

R1200RT up on Beartooth Pass, (Montana or Wyoming?) :D

596438538_9C3wL-M.jpg

589442044_hB8PP-M.jpg

F658GS:groovy

573752335_dWFGM-M.jpg

Yamaha XT250:dunno

348299296_ZAbFs-L.jpg

1959 R26. . . Thanks Dad! :clap

Back