• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Last Chance Rally - this WEEKEND, Elmer, NJ

deilenberger

A bozo on the bus
Never heard of Elmer NJ? Not a surprise since most of the world doesn't realize that part of NJ even exists. The Last Chance Rally is this weekend, being held at Appel Farms in Elmer NJ - located in the southmost belly of NJ, the part where no major highways go to, and the people are friendly, roads almost deserted, and seafood is plentiful and fresh.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=elmer....185537&spn=0.046431,0.07699&t=h&z=14&iwloc=A

For more info: http://www.lastchancerally.com/ - Good food, great door prizes (not kidding - usually everyone wins a doorprize) - good food (did I mention good food?) and fun people! Weather is supposed to be spectacular! Location provides new modern bunkhouses, with real bathrooms and showers, heated, carpeted, absolutely spotless. Or you can camp if you're a diehard.. There will be a GS "adventure" ride Saturday AM, and other events throughout the weekend.

Hope to catch up with some forum members there.. please make yourself known, I'll be the short plump guy without gray hair (but with hair!).. wearing a Roadcrafter when riding my R1200R.

Sept 25th, 26th, 27th. Day passes available for Saturday, no-dinner $10, with dinner - $20.

DSC04704-1.jpg

DSC04717.jpg

DSC04716.jpg

DSC04715.jpg

DSC04708.jpg

DSC04714.jpg

Bunkhhouses:

DSC04713.jpg

DSC04711.jpg

The weather guessers are calling for beautiful weather Friday and Saturday. Sunny. Day time highs around 70. Night time lows in the 50s.

The door prize fairy has been good to us this year. We will be blowing out a LOT of door prizes.

Be there.

The weather guessers are calling for beautiful weather Friday and Saturday. Sunny. Day time highs around 70. Night time lows in the 50s.

The door prize fairy has been good to us this year. We will be blowing out a LOT of door prizes.

Be there.
Harold,

I assume we'll have Mr. Pete's Fireball Chili on Friday night? And the campfire on Saturday night?

And thanks much to DeSimone Motorsports for their most excellent contributions to the door prizes. There will be some very happy people this year.

We're having a G/S ride Saturday morning.

We'll get your bike dirty the fast way!

Also, we have been invited to tour an excellent restoration shop/museum in

Cedarville (about 12 miles from the rally site).

An Invitation To All Attending

The 2009 Last Chance Rally

John Melniczuk, owner of J&M Enterprises, a south Jersey powdercoater &

industrial coatings firm has invited all rally attendees to his shop and historic

motorcycle museum on Saturday September 26. Time: 10:00 am until noon.

John is known for his concours restorations of vintage British bikes and has

been involved in the motorcycle industry for over 40 years.

J&M Enterprises is located at 32 North Avenue in

Cedarville, New Jersey

Coffee and doughnuts will be provided !

If you are interested in this peek into motorcycling
history, meet at the registration table at 9:00 AM.

The G/S ride leader with be guiding all riders to the
shop for the open house on paved roads. After our visit, those wishing to return to Appel Farm will be
given directions to Elmer and the G/S ride will continue. Hope all can attend!

I might consider taking the people who don't want to continue on the GS ride on a ride to Greenwich NJ for lunch. Greenwich is a colonial town that hasn't changed. There are numerous museums (including a "prehistoric museum") and historic houses in Greenwich. Nice part is - it's not Williamsburg. You could take a nap on the Main Street (Greate Street).. although this weekend there may be some sort of artisan's fair there. It's also the site of NJ's teaparty - the Great Tea Burning that took place in December 1774.

Fun to visit, nice ride to/from, and if the Baitbox is open - great food overlooking the Cohansey River.

Don,

The Bait Box will be open Saturday, September 26, from Noon until 3:00 PM for lunch. It closes for the season after dinner on Sunday. I highly recommend it for lunch. Sit by a window and enjoy the view of the Cohansey River.

The rally site is being prepped as this is being written. The firewood was delivered yesterday and the grass is being cut today. We are GO for a great rally.

Harold,

Sounds like a plan. Add to the agenda for Saturday - Scenic Ride to Greenwich with lunch, as part of the ride to John Melniczuk's motorcycle museum.

Cool!

Worked out a proposed route... Appel Farm to Cedarville (moto museum), Cedarville to Greenwich and Bait Box (lunch), Bait Box to Fort Mott (interesting historic site - great view of the Delaware Memorial Bridge) via Salem NJ (historic town), Fort Mott back to Appel Farm. About 85 miles of rarely traveled back roads.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...9.50563,-75.262527&spn=0.371912,0.615921&z=11

The route (subject to instantaneous changes in direction - if I see a road I like - I take it and hope Dufus the GPS can bail me out if we get REALLY lost):

Attachments

• rallyride.jpg
    rallyride.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 48
Work has been uncooperative in trying to line up rallys meets or anything relating to that.

Will miss this one too - oh well :violin

Back