• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hotels Near Hunter MT Catskills Rally?

B

BLSEXTON

It seems the lodge/hotel at the rally site is all booked up. Can anyone suggest a hotel or two near-ish the rally site? The pre-requisite is to have a pub/restaurant in close walking distance to the hotel, and possibly something within a reasonable budget (Motel 8, Marriott, or some other mid-grad joint, no Foo-Foo required here). I saw the link that was provided in the rally 'poster' with hotel listings, but it would be nice to get some first hand recommendations that others are going to stay at as well.

My Dad is riding out all the way from Iowa so we can go to a rally together. He started riding again about 5 years ago after retirement and we had an opportunity to go to one rally together in the midwest. Being adults it's nice to have a parent/friend to ride with all in the same person. Look for us and say hello- he's on an ex-police RT and I'll be on a romping stomping Ninja 250!

I am staying @ Scribner Hollow 800-395-4683 says that it is a half a mile from from Hunter Mt. $150.00 a night-the pic look nice online -do not know if they have any more rooms booked a month ago

Eric

There are many hotels/motels/B&B that were less than $100 a night in the area. That info was in another thread.

I'll search for it and hope to see you there.

Paul

Friends of mine are staying about 20 miles away at a Holiday Inn Express for I think $65.00 a night. Those 20 miles should be happy miles though!

There is a Comfort Inn and a HOJO Inn at exit 20 (Saugerties) which is 20 miles or so. I think the Holiday Inn is in Kingston which is about 35 mi. El Rancho is a great mexican place with a bar maybe 500 yards north on 32 from there and Land and Sea Grill is a another nice place south on 32 about the same distance.

You get to run up the mountain on 23a from Palenville to Hunter :thumb or go by my house and take Platte Cove Road ( paved by rough) which will bring you into Tannersville or almost to Hunter. Great view of the hollow from the horseshoe curve.

The Tannersville market & Deli has good breakfasts and great sandwiches. I'ts where the locals stop.

Sweet Sue's in Phoenecia has great Pancakes too right down rte 214 thru the notch from Hunter .

Booked Up

Many of the motels and hotels are booked up because of the fall foliage. Expect a busy weekend with plenty of sightseers.

Newburgh NY is one hour away and has several options. That's where I got in at $71 a night.

Middleton NY is over an hour and also has a few rooms available.

Not the best choices, but that might put us in the general area.

Brian

local lodging

Actually the local hotels are NOT fully booked up for this weekend.

The major leaf peeping season doesn't start until after the Columbus Day weekend. Hunting season is not yet open either. Those are the two main room fillers.

Our event is just a bonus to the local lodging industry. We timed it for this weekend partly with the availability of lodging in mind.

Go to www.greenetourism.com for choices much closer to the event. Checkk out Hunter, Tannersville, Windham or even the Catskill Inn in Palenville who made a special offer to event attendees. They are at the bottom of the mountain on RT
23A, about 15 miles from the site.

Off to Hunter!

Friedle

Back