Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wine and Singing Women

Rally Rat
    I don't know about anyone else....but I'm having a crisp cold glass of riesling tonight. I'm gearing up for the cold snap that will befall us in the morning after what could be our last high in the 70's, totally sunny day of riding.

I'm really not a beer drinker. I only drink it during summer. I did find an interesting beer if you like it sweet, LeinenkugelÔÇÖs Berry Weiss Beer. I've been enjoying it these past 2 months....but now it's time to move back to one of my favorites, a German riesling kabinett. When the weather really turns I'll be back on to my hearty french reds and chianti. Whoo hoo...love that stuff!

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sudani View Post
    I don't know about anyone else....but I'm having a crisp cold glass of riesling tonight. ....but now it's time to move back to one of my favorites, a German riesling kabinett. When the weather really turns I'll be back on to my hearty french reds and chianti. Whoo hoo...love that stuff!

Uncork a Chateuneuf-du-Pape for me...
    I get some of my best wine bargain tips from GSGirl at MAX BMW.
    They are my FULL SERVICE dealer (hic) !
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60

Rally Rat
    iRene,

I've had the du Pape.....yummy stuff.
    I've got a 2002 Rothschild Chateau Duhart-Milon that I'm just waiting for something special for an excuse to open it! Hope that something special happens soon! But then....I can always crack open the 2005, too.

I love hearty reds and always have a damn good time when I drink them. I've found that just about anything from the rothschild vintiner is good.

We had a nice unoaked Chardonnay (Naked Grape) with dinner. Now I'm enjoying my second glass of Navan - Vanilla version of Grand Marnier...

I really, really like a nice "reasonably priced" Brunello di Montalcino, like La Podere or Argiano, but the cost factor limits my regular indulgence in them. (gotta buy oil and tires!)

For a daily drinker I am partial to the Columbia Crest Grand Estates series Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon because they are relatively inexpensive and consistently drinkable.

For summer, its Hendricks Gin and Tonic. I only occasionally wander into the white wine section of our wine store.
    Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Pepe Lepew

Menage a Trois?

Found this one the wine list in Telluride, UT, last month...
    So I ordered a 'Menage a Trois' (for two) and actually enjoyed it. Sorry, no pic.

Hey Poissons: You are mixing plural/singular here.
    Add an "s" at "le" (les=plural) or drop the "S"es from the two other's end (singular).
    Cheers

HELEN
    Quote Originally Posted by desmedt View Post
    So I ordered a 'Menage a Trois' (for two) and actually enjoyed it. Sorry, no pic.

Hey Poissons: You are mixing plural/singular here.
    Add an "s" at "le" (les=plural) or drop the "S"es from the two other's end (singular).
    Cheers

Thanks!

As you can see my French is atrocious! I'll fix the sig right away!...

I need to work on it, My daughter and her husband are moving to Narbonne, France at the end of the year and WILL have a place for me to stay. It looks like I'll be retiring to the South of France...on the Mediterranean and at the edge of the Pyrenees... 3 hours from Paris and 2 from Barcelona... next to figure out how to get a bike over there!

Oh... and I'm very fond of 'Menage a Trois' !

So, Helen . . .

when can we come visit????

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Wonderful news, Helen. You will LOVE riding in the Pyrenees. Why don't you ask that nice chap from Iberian Motor Tours if he is selling off any of his used bikes. Probably easier to buy there than ship over.

Holly

HELEN
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Wonderful news, Helen. You will LOVE riding in the Pyrenees. Why don't you ask that nice chap from Iberian Motor Tours if he is selling off any of his used bikes. Probably easier to buy there than ship over.

Holly
    What a good idea Holly! I was considering buying over there and a used bike is just the ticket!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    What a good idea Holly! I was considering buying over there and a used bike is just the ticket!

Thanks
    Along the same lines, I've been cooresponding with a dealer in the Netherlands that sells used BMWs. I'm considering buying one in 2011 while I'm there for 4 months. PM me if you want his websight and email address.
    I know you'll find a good used BMW. one way or another.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

RSPENNACHIO
    Quote Originally Posted by desmedt View Post
    Enjoy! A fine blend of three grapes. I first saw this a Krogers (local grocery store).
    Attached Images Attached Images

We drank some "pink truck" last night. Interesting and fun summer wine, with a cute label. A Zinfandel, Grenache and Mouvedre blush blend; inexpensive even at the Utah State store.

Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
    We drank some "pink truck" last night. Interesting and fun summer wine, with a cute label. A Zinfandel, Grenache and Mouvedre blush blend; inexpensive even at the Utah State store.

Cool label, Bullett! I'm fighting the urge to move this to "In the Pink" thread.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

Sharon
    '59 R 26 (my first)