• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bikes needed for Antique bike show in Petersburg, Va on Oct 17th

JeffMunn

Just along for the ride
The city of Petersburg is having a one day Fall Festival on 17 Oct.

They've asked me if I would host an antique bike exhibition during the festival, so I'm trying to get the word out and ask for people to bring their antique bikes (25 years old or older) to show and talk about. Since I've been a member of the MOA for a LONG TIME, and I know that lots of BMW owners have have some really nice gems in their garage, I thought I'd ask for some help here.

This is a FREE, one day event. It runs from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. in historic Old Towne Petersburg. I'll open registration for the show about 8:30 a.m.

All owners with bikes vintage 1984 and older are asked to come and enter the exhibition. This IS NOT a judged event, but rather a way to show our older bikes, talk about them, and interact with the public. There will not be any categories. The bike does not have to be original. Just one prize will be awarded and that will be "PEOPLE'S CHOICE", by the votes of the festival attendees. I'll award that based on the voting at 6 p.m.

So please help pass the word, and bring your older bike and attend. I'll probably just park them by the decade they were produced, and may even have a special area for classic/antique dirtbikes/dual sports if necessary.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. So far the oldest bike we have confirmed is a 1955 Matchless G80CS, but I hope we can get some a lot older than that. I'll have my 1966 R50/2 there, and my 1958 R50 with Steib sidecar. I would love to see a great array of vintage BMWs there too.

So thanks, and please pass this on to your local clubs if you just want a destination ride for the day! We'd love you to come even if you don't have an old bike.

For more information on the festival, visit Petersburg Fall Family Festival

Jeff

1958steib.jpg

Please let me know if you plan on coming!

Just a qick bump for a reminder.

I've contacted the Richmond Riders, but haven't had any response. If you are in our area and think you can join us on the 17th, please let me know!

Either with a post here, or you can PM me.

Thanks!

jeff

Any BMWs out there?

Have not heard from the Richmond Riders, except for one gentleman. I'm hoping there are some fellow BMW riders in central Virginia who would like to exercise their older bikes this weekend!

Please come and join us.

jeff

Back