• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

The Bugs They are a comin!

Bugs and Bikes

These "Bugs" have been on display all summer here in the Iowa Great Lakes!

Attachments

• DSC01474.jpg
    DSC01474.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 192
Flying creature from the Apocalypse

I was riding back from Ferryville, WI en route to central IL yesterday when I hit some sort of giant flying bug. It was like hitting a Cessna filled with yellow paint!

I only see 1 bug..

I was out in the middle of nowhere the other night in a blizzard of bugs mixed with fog. I wiped my visor, and it was just slime city. As much as I would wipe my visor, they wouldn't wipe off. THANK GOD I threw on some clear safety glasses on my way out the door for the first time ever. Even though I had about 100 gnats on my cheeks by the time I got to the gas station, I could at least see where I was going with the safety glasses!

The next day, I was riding down the road, and thought I was about to take a butterfly to the helmet. It was a chunk of asphalt. Thank God again for ATGATT.

Back