• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

NY riders attending 2nd Color in the Catskills

jbarron4

I am looking for riders from the NYC area planning to attend the October 2-4, 2009 rally at Hunter Mountain, NY

I'm not from NYC but hang on and there should be plenty of responses. Will be there and know it is going to be a great show.

Hey BIG APPLE are you out there?

You'll be passing by my place which is right off the Thru-way on your way to Hunter. You can get off here and follow us through some great backroads to the event.

Tally Ho!

Leaving Long Island at 1'ish on October 2nd Friday,
taking Cross Island to the Bronx River and then
going to take the Taconic State Pkwy
North.

Will intersect with 2 riders, George and Kathy, at the
Rte 84 interchange, Rte 52 Park N' Ride, about 330 pm.

Northward we will go!

Taconic for another 47 miles.
Rte 83 Northwest.
Cross the Hudson.
Rte 23 West.
then 296 down into Hunter.

Keep an eye out for the three of us.

Silver R1150R, Mint Green K1200RS, Charcoal F 650 GS.

JB what are your plans?

Z1Nester, when will be your egress from NYC?

Attachments

• DSC03870.jpg
    DSC03870.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Z1Nester, when will be your egress from NYC?

I live upstate. I live exactly west of Poughkeepsie just over the Hudson in Highland A.K.A Town of Lloyd. I'm adjacent to the Town of New Paltz which is exit 18 on the NYS Thru-way. Jsoque, I recommend you meet up with my group here also as we will take onto some fantastic backroads to Hunter Mtn. Forget the TSP.

Also, if any of you from NYC, LI and the surrounding metropolitan area check out this local forum for rides, discussion and trip planning like Color in the Catskills. www.northeastsporttouring.com

Don't let the URL name fool you we are a mixed bag of riders into sport, sport tour, dirt, dual sport and adventure riding. Hope to see you there.....

Long Island

I will be coming from the Glen Cove area but not until Sat. afternoon. Any other late comers?

I'll be leaving from Jersey City. I'd be interested in riding up as a group so I'm pretty flexible on a meeting spot. I plan on camping. Has anyone heard any updates on the camping situation?

not sure when i'm jetting yet

"jetting" is relative on an old boxer :laugh

Am new to posting and new to attending a rally- so here goes

Planning to go to Color in the Catskills. Will be traveling from Orient Point, the eastern end of Long Island. Meeting up with a group that knows the ropes would be helpful and sounds like a lot of fun. Could we be included in getting info about meeting times and places? That way we can plan accordingly on departure time.

Thanks for any and all help- Bob and Pat

I'm riding up from Wappingers Falls, probally will go route 87 up to Saugerties and then back road from there...no ETD yet...a little rain in the forecast

I'm still on the fence on going on Sat. since there is rain in the forecast. I may be going Sun. for a little a while.....

I'm still on the fence on going on Sat. since there is rain in the forecast. I may be going Sun. for a little a while.....

I hear BMW riders aren't affraid of the rain. I'm actually riding up Friday afternoon now to avoid the rain on Saturday lol.

Back