• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

hello, I am new

Joleze

vivere et vivere sinere
Hello to all the wonderful people here.

I have a 1994 K1100Lt , maroon in color, that is not working.
I had back surgery and was in pain for a good 3 years and the whole time my bike was not in use.
Prior to that I did my every day to work drive and some weekend tours.
Now I have a nice R1100Rt and I am trying to give away my K bike for free. I sure would appreciate a good lunch or dinner:eat
I put new tires on the before I became unable to ride,they have less then 100 miles on them. The bike will not start.
If any one wants it for parts or for what ever, let me know.

Thanks for reading
Have a save ride

Ghostrider can do it -

There are a limited number of things that will stop a K bike. He knows all of them, and.... is just down the lane from your garage.

And he buys excellent dinners.:thumb

If it was runnin' when you parked it, probably not much wrong. Fuel issues and ? Doubt it'd take a lot to get 'er "on the road again" as Willy N. would say!

Now I have a nice R1100Rt and I am trying to give away my K bike for free. I sure

Now there's an offer you don't often see.
I gave away a house once, but believe me, it was to my advantage.
Hope the old K bike is on the road again soon.

What's the status?

Was Ghostrider able to get this going? :lurk

I'd hate to see a bike given away because it doesn't run......well unless he gave it to me, then it would be OK. :whistle

Just an FYI...

I too would be interested in helping you get the bike running so you can ride it.

I'm going to the Dells Rally this weekend but I would be available the following weekend.

Maybe a "Tech Day" at your place to get her fired up?

What do you say?

all of you blow me away with your friendly comments, thanks for all the interst in the bike and the friendly advice from everybody

I want it,mayby not for free, but if you insist i buy you a diner of you choice:deal
I will not part it out like some of the sharks here.

I will even change your tires for free on your RT when needed.

Hello to all the wonderful people here.

I have a 1994 K1100Lt , maroon in color, that is not working.
I had back surgery and was in pain for a good 3 years and the whole time my bike was not in use.
Prior to that I did my every day to work drive and some weekend tours.
Now I have a nice R1100Rt and I am trying to give away my K bike for free. I sure would appreciate a good lunch or dinner:eat
I put new tires on the before I became unable to ride,they have less then 100 miles on them. The bike will not start.
If any one wants it for parts or for what ever, let me know.

Thanks for reading
Have a save ride

Welcome! That's an interesting story about your K1100LT and makes me curious about just what might be wrong with it. If you are giving it away for such a cheap price I just might offer you a pretty nice dinner - and drinks! :brow I'm sure you'll really enjoy your RT - they are great motorcycles as well.

Ok boys,its oficial now.I got it.
Photo-0136.jpg

Cool! Now we all want to know what was/is wrong with it. :brow

Water + gas = no fire.I change plugs,put battry from my other bike in it,drain the crapy fuel mixed with water,replace with fresh gas and she fire up ok.Still it needs allot.

List is long:
-fuel tank is shot
-rear shock need to be rebuild
-front tire got a flat spot
-front forks need new seals and oil
-all fliters and fluids
-cluch is on the way out
-most of the control swiches are frozen
-windsheld si faded bad
-bar ends are missing
-plugs and wires
-battery
-abs light is on all the time
-front calipers are sticking

Most likely there is more stuff wrong.I will get it on the road for a next year.

Water + gas = no fire.I change plugs,put battry from my other bike in it,drain the crapy fuel mixed with water,replace with fresh gas and she fire up ok.Still it needs allot.

List is long:
-fuel tank is shot
-rear shock need to be rebuild
-front tire got a flat spot
-front forks need new seals and oil
-all fliters and fluids
-cluch is on the way out
-most of the control swiches are frozen
-windsheld si faded bad
-bar ends are missing
-plugs and wires
-battery
-abs light is on all the time
-front calipers are sticking

Most likely there is more stuff wrong.I will get it on the road for a next year.
Positives:

-it's a great color

:confused:

Back