• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

good riding roads

The Blue Max
Hi, plan to cross into NY state from Kingston Ontario to visit the original Woodstock site. From there down to Gettysburg and then Antieitam. Any recommendations on roads, campgrounds along such a route?:usa:ca

I haven't ridden that West Central NY route very often but I would say in general you might want to go through the Adirondack park and maybe the Catskills. I usually use Rt 15 in PA from Harrisburg through Gettysburg and South. Enjoy!

I recommend Route 125 down through Shamokin, PA. (between Williamsport and Allentown). What a great twisty road!

How ambitious a route you looking for? And what is the road preference, sweepers, tight twisties, slab?

I would also recommend Rt 125. You can avoid the Pocono region by running I 84 to I 81. From I 81 work your way over to Rt 125 and enjoy the rolling ridgelines and farm valleys of central Pa all of the way to Gettysburg. If this sounds like a good game plan I can provide more specific route details. In addition, check out this informative posting http://www.bmwbmw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=13130

Thanks for all the replies, I left on 9/01, got as far as Ottawa, called home and my wife's mom passed away so straight home in four long days. Sad reminder there is more to life than riding (unfortunately).

I returned to Ohio from New Hampshire this summer. After crossing on the Mass Pike I took the Taconic Parkway just south of Albany, New York to I-84. The Taconic Parkway is an amazing road. Its a very old divided highway with just about no traffic. No commercial traffic is allowed and there is no clutter of any billboards. Road surface condition is above average, there are rolling hills, sweeping curves and great farmland views. Check out a web site featured in ON : www.motorcycleroads.com. Have a great ride.

Back