• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I'm looking for Moose near Rangley Lake ME

briana

About 20 years ago i vacationed on Rangley Lake in ME and there were moose everywhere, just cruise the back roads in the early morning and you would see them. I will be riding through that area next week and was wondering if there are any specific places to stop if you want to see moose. I will be traveling north on rt 4 going around the northern part of the lake and then heading south on rt 16. I was just hoping to get a few good pictures and thought someone might have a secret moose watching location in the area.

Thanks, Brian

Hey Brian,

That sounds like a cool ride. Hope you don't find 'em head on.....:uhoh

Enjoy,

J

About 20 years ago i vacationed on Rangley Lake in ME and there were moose everywhere, just cruise the back roads in the early morning and you would see them. I will be riding through that area next week and was wondering if there are any specific places to stop if you want to see moose. I will be traveling north on rt 4 going around the northern part of the lake and then heading south on rt 16. I was just hoping to get a few good pictures and thought someone might have a secret moose watching location in the area.

Thanks, Brian

Brian:
Understand that we are getting close to rut and that is a dangerous time to be near to these animals.

You are going to the right area anywhere along Rte 16 is a good possibility.

John

I got some great advise once while camping in Acadia National park and believe me it's worth listening to. A guy told me to go on the golden Highway (it's on the road to Baxter State Park right outside of Mt Katadin) Motorcycles are not aloud on the golden highway but police don't patrol it which means if you get in trouble your in trouble. It's a logging road that comes out of Canada and the trucks are large and fast and use the middle of the road. Bikes are not aloud in Baxter State Park but ride up until your about 1/4 mile from the entrance to the park and there is a rock painted with grafeeti, turn left on that dirt road and go about 1/2 mile until you enter the golden highway. On this highway I photographed at least 15 moose eating in boggs, walking around etc. People will be there in their cars and vans and he and I guarantee you will see moose. Have fun

Brett Endress
Altoona Pa

Try the Kancamagus Highway - NH / RT. 112 - Mooses are picking off people on bikes recently. Widow Rd.

We just did KY to Nova Scotia and back and zero moose! Can I get a refund? I walked up on one backpacking @ around 9k in Rockies in 2006. He seemed to be unfriendly so I cut him much slack!

Back