• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mechanic Recommendations

beckgr

Not sure if this is the place to post an idea, but I'll give it a whirl anyway. I wonder if a "mechanic's referral page" is applicable here in the forum, or just somewhere on the portal?

The guys at cartalk.com (Tom and Ray) have one on their site they call "Mechanics Files". It is very helpful, lists by state and actual users of different services can list and rate who they went to and how they were treated. I've used this for my kids cars in the different parts of the US from MI to FL when they break down (college age)and it really has saved me time and worry. I can go there and quickly fnd a well recommended mechanic. I think i'd almost pay for that for a BMW bike mechanic. I like to wrench don't get me wrong, but at times I just need a mechanic or want one and i'd rather not have to go to a dealer all of the time because they are so far away.

Being that BMW dealers are relatively far apart and non-existent in many cities, I think this could be a great way to get the word out about:
1. Great local mechanics for hire (garage guys or small shops).
2. Great mechanics at BMW dealerships.
3. Or those mechanics to avoid (independent or dealer.)

Just my $.02.

I like it. No local dealer, and no idea where I'd go if I needed a mechanic, other
than posting here.

local help...

There are some folks listed in the Anonymous book...that can be helpful.

Also, what about "local talent"? Perhaps there is someone local who likes to wrench.. ?

Or, have a "tech session".. there are folks nearby and even some far off who might show up!:bolt

I like it. No local dealer, and no idea where I'd go if I needed a mechanic, other
than posting here.

Louisville or Columbus? Columbus or Louisville? Hope I don't need any repairs either. Maybe Autobahn Craftwerks in Cincinnati for the Airhead and non electroinc stuff on the K. Rode for years without a local dealer finally got one for about 10 years then right after my 600 mile service GONE. :banghead:violin. Sorry its a sore subject...

Back