• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Insurance in NJ

MarcoB

04 Boxer Cup
Hey folks - :type
Yes - new jersey - which is the same as saying "old torture" (the only place that make you pay to get out of the state).
Any suggestions on insurance? Have been with Allstate because of home & auto, but moto insurance stinks. Have an '04 Boxer Cup R1100S, which they think is a 200hp Moto GP bike...
Have seen a quote from "Rider Ins", but not sure of their total package. Any good suggestions out there?!?:ear

Thanks a bunch,

Marc Bechtold

What are they charging for MotoGP bikes? Sport bikes generally pay $2000+ depending on engine size, rider experience, and other variables.

Depending on your zip code, driving record, credit, coverage, and the discounts you are receiving, their price may not be out of line. All the variables are really based on YOU, so what others claim they are getting is not applicable.

:scratch

Progressive

I carry liability and comprehensive (no collision) on my three bikes. I saved about $1,000 per year switching from Allstate to Progressive for identical coverage. I couldn't believe the disparity.

I carry liability and comprehensive (no collision) on my three bikes. I saved about $1,000 per year switching from Allstate to Progressive for identical coverage. I couldn't believe the disparity.

I'm in new Jersey also. I just last week ran comparisons between the Geico and Progressive. Pretty nearly the same. The real gouge in New Jersey is the uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Makes up about a third of the total premium.
aaaaaa

And I complained when my insurance went up by $38.00 here in Virginia with Progressive. I just paid $238.00 for full coverage on two bikes with high limit Uninsured/Underinsured coverage.

My aunt with a modest farm income who died a millionaire said it best. "It's not how much you make, it's how much you have left."

Ken

NJ Insurance

Had Rider for many years, then switched to Progressive. Progressive was noticeably cheaper than my preferred rate with Rider. I'm insuring 3 bikes right now, RS, GL1800, and a KLR250. Full coverage on the Wing, liability on the other 2, $359.00 a year. Shop around and good luck. O yea, I'm in Jersey.

Have fun & Ride safe, Anthony
'83 R100RS
'03 GL1800A
'99 KLR 250

I use Markle ( BikeLine) for the past 15 years and no problems with them . They have adds in the BMW ON mag. I live in N. Illinois and have 5 bikes with them all full coverage and its about $300.00 a year.the good thing is these guys all ride bikes. there out of Wisconson you can call for a quote at 1-877-269-4671:)

Back