• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rallly 05 BEER

gambrinus

This was brought up before, but I thought I'd toss out the idea of having some really good regional brews available at the rally... I'll toss out some brands to the masses. OThers feel free to chime in.

Yuengling -- http://www.yuengling.com/

Straub -- http://www.straubbeer.com/

Penn Pilsner http://www.pennbrew.com/

Erie - http://www.eriebrewingco.com/

These are the big four that I crave when I head back home for a visit. Any others that should be suggested? You can drink Bud and Coors at home... Drink local baby!!

RW

Can you get the Pennsylvania beers in Ohio? I've not noticed them in liquor stores that I've been to in Ohio before.

Erie, Penn and Straub all distribute into Ohio. Yuengling may be a problem.... I'm sure that there are some great local Ohio brews that I'm not aware of... Lets hear from the Ohio folks.. THe Human Bean and others.

RW

If the Ohio folks can't come through, there are some great microbrews down here in Bloomington. The Upland Brewing compnay has some nice tasty treats. Their wheat ale is especially good. Just a thought.

I just tossed out my 4 regional favorites. I'd be MORE than happy having some small local that I've never even heard of getting the chance to provide a few thousand folks with some good beer.

RW

gambrinus said:
I'd be MORE than happy having some small local that I've never even heard of getting the chance to provide a few thousand folks with some good beer.
gambrinus,
Do you remember the guy you dubbed 'the beer fairy' in Spokane? His riding buddy owns The Barrelhouse Brewing Company in Cincinnati, Ohio. He's a brewery owner/operator AND a BMW rider....he gets my vote!

Maybe lorazepam can do a reconnaissance tasting mission...

The Barrelhouse Brewing Company

Attachments

• bhlogopt.jpg
    bhlogopt.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 448
Oh my goodness I think I just soiled myself reading through their beer list.... in the words of Homer the great, "mmmm, beer"

I think that those beers would more than likely do nicely. Any Ohio folks willing to volunteer to do a tasting mission and report back to the masses? Don't make me ride all the way out from Denver!!! ummm honey, I'll be back in a day or two, I need to run to Cinncy on BMW club business.....

RW

ps So I called this guy the "Beer fairy" and I didn't get beat up? I don't have much memory of this... probably a good thing I was camping close to the beer hall.

gambrinus said:
Oh my goodness I think I just soiled myself reading through their beer list.... in the words of Homer the great, "mmmm, beer"

I think that those beers would more than likely do nicely. Any Ohio folks willing to volunteer to do a tasting mission and report back to the masses? Don't make me ride all the way out from Denver!!! ummm honey, I'll be back in a day or two, I need to run to Cinncy on BMW club business.....

RW

ps So I called this guy the "Beer fairy" and I didn't get beat up? I don't have much memory of this... probably a good thing I was camping close to the beer hall.

Gambrinus, it's *only* about 1100 mile here, and then only a few hours to Cincinnati. Come and be my guest and make a long weekend of it!;)

I found out that my new boss is a microbrew fan. So when we were enjoying a few Fat Tire Ales in Dallas this week he said I can not have time off to go beer sampling for the Rally. However he said that he and I will have some fairly intensive off site meeting that day.

So Sue/Klaus when is the beer tasting?

{Ain't I a stinker?}

BradfordBenn said:
I found out that my new boss is a microbrew fan. So when we were enjoying a few Fat Tire Ales in Dallas this week he said I can not have time off to go beer sampling for the Rally. However he said that he and I will have some fairly intensive off site meeting that day.

So Sue/Klaus when is the beer tasting?

{Ain't I a stinker?}

Mmmm Fat Tire. Closest place to get it from here is in St. Louis. Picking up a case is for sure on my to do list on the way home from Falling Leaf.

gambrinus said:

RW

I am sure you meant that in the nicest way...and that he grocked you..so you escaped the beating...beer is good,so pay attention.
MMM beer....
:D

jgr451 said:
I am sure you meant that in the nicest way...and that he grocked you..so you escaped the beating...beer is good,so pay attention.
MMM beer....
:D

quoting a toast byHomer Simpson... "To alcohol, the solution to, and source of, all of life's problems!"

I have sampled several of the Barrelhouse beers, and they are as good as they sound. I would also recommend Christian Moerlein, the first American beer to pass German purity standards. I like it, and it is a great sit around the beer tent kind of beer.

Reviews here

Here in Toledo we have the Maumee Bay Brewery,they have a pretty good selection also.As far as regional brews,I cant think of any other than microbrews.Hopefully I'll be sporting a few bottles of homemade wine to share,if this years batchs are any good!

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore!

Okay Okay --- I assume that some of you may not know that Brian and I consider microbrews one step away from Nirvana.

We have a collection of assorted Growlers and beer glasses from microbrewies across the country, AND we are also investors in a local microbrewery. SO--- WE TAKE THIS STUFF SERIOUSLY! :)

All of that being said... we are looking very closely at Barrelhouse AND possibly Great Lakes Brewery from Cleveland.

Fear Not --- I promise to throw myself into the briar patch as we work HARD to guarantee that this aspect of the 2005 National is covered.

Whew! It's a dirty job, but SOMEBODY'S gotta do it. <G>

Sue

Sue, Glad to hear that you are on the job!! Looking fwd to enjoying some fine beer at the rally. Perhaps the beer fairy will make an appearance....

RW

BEER !!!

One more vote for microbrews. if you please. Sue; afterall, it is in keeping with the proud German tradition of small locally crafted "biers", which seems to fit so nicely with the proud German tradition of BMW "motorads"! Either way - good beer or bad beer, I'll be there for my first MOA rally.
Steve

After having 'oversampled' the microbeer in Spokane, I am all for the microbrew beer :drink
Boy was that dark stuff tasty or what. It sure beats Budwiper:evil
That "beer" is good only when almost frozen.:yow

Back