• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Newbie in Michigan

geisterfahrer

Bill the Cat
Hi, all. I just acquired a 1976 R90/6, complete with aftermarket fairing, trunk, and trailer, Lester mags and a Corbin seat. 48k on the clock.

I've lusted after this model since I was 14 and sat on one in a showroom. Now, 33 years later, I own one.

The bike needs some TLC, so I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions in the airheads forum so I can get the old girl in perfect running condition.

Regards,

Kevin

dscf0211.jpg

Welcome Aboard Geisterfahrer :wave

Just about any technical question you might have about your rides
and
where to take them touring is available here either via the search button
or
by just starting a new thread.

Come back often and thanks for posting that great picture. There must be a great story about how you found that bike? eBay? Craigslist? Classified Ad?

Paul

Thanks for the welcome, Paul.

The bike was an eBay auction. As it turned out, I was the only bidder, and I didn't meet the seller's reserve. I called the owner, and since he was only about 70 miles away, I arranged to go for a visit. After looking over the bike and accessories, and talking with the owner, we were able to come to an agreement on price, and I became the new custodian of a fine old airhead.

I'm looking forward to many years and miles with her.

Wow, what a sweet looking set up.

Isn't it nice to wait so long for something so good and then get it?

You are one lucky fellow.

Lots of airheads here with most likely and answer to any of your questions.

Hope to meet you on the road. Wisconsin Dells Rally next month maybe?

Welcome home.

Excellent picture of a great bike - Lester wheels! Haven't heard that in forever.

Looks like she is built for some serious touring.

Thanks for the picture and welcome aboard.

Luis

Welcome. Hope to see on the road, or maybe at one of the breakfasts of the BMW Touring Club of Detroit. Fun, low key group. Check us out!

Hi, all. I just acquired a 1976 R90/6, complete with aftermarket fairing, trunk, and trailer, Lester mags and a Corbin seat. 48k on the clock.
OK, I've got a weak spot for white Airheads. But, lose the trailer (It looks like hell.) and get some side bags (They won't - especially in white.). Those wheels and seat are sweet. Hope to meet you soon. :thumb

Hi Kevin; Welcome aboard!! Nice bike, very similar to my '76 R90. Mine has a Vetter fairing, and small tank, otherwise almost a twin of yours, except the color. Mine is blue. Have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions here, LOTS of experience at this site!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch P.S., I second the suggestion to lose the trailer, bags are easy to find, and don't effect the handling like the trailer does.

Nice;

Welcome and keep the trailer:). I like it and a single wheel. If you are a two up, camper, the trailer will do you wonders when packing your gear for two:). Get the bags too and you are in like Flynn for some serious touring. Single wheelers(trailers) are kind a rare, until recent years with Unigos'and some others. You may have a real collector there in that trailer, so keep it and the bike is way cool in white, very nice:). Randy..R100/7 here for 32 years:)...

All right! More Michigan airheads! We, in the Ann Arbor area, are blessed with a really fine mechanic for these bikes. If you run into a snag with this, send a pm and I'll send you his number.

Back