• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New from Saratoga Springs, NY

N

nokkusan

Hi all! Just signed up for a year membership! Bought a used 1999 F650 and getting ready to do an Alaska trip next spring. Any suggestions would be well received!!

Thanks!

nokkusan

Welcome Aboard Nokkusan

You should find information on your Bike in the Garage F Twins forum.

For information on your trip or trip request information you may want to go to the Ride Report forum in the Road Section.

Post a picture of your bike and check in often.

Regards,

Luis

Welcome!

Welcome from a fellow newbie. I lived in Saratoga Springs back in the late 80's! I hope it is still as nice as I remember :dance

Great summers there!

Hi Nokkusan

I live just a few miles away - Ballston Spa!

Welcome to the forum and there is a lot cooking in our area including

• Finger Lakes Rally
  • Green Mountain Rally
  • Color in the Catskills

Hope you can join us for one or more of the events!

Paul

Welcome to the family. You live in a great riding area and we look forward to reading some ride report, complete with pictures.

Check out the events Paul listed. Lots of good stuff going on in your neck of the woods.

Glad to have you here.

Hi Nokkusan

I live just a few miles away - Ballston Spa!

Welcome to the forum and there is a lot cooking in our area including

• Finger Lakes Rally
  • Green Mountain Rally
  • Color in the Catskills

Ballston Spa? Let's go ride! :ha

Where do I find out more about these rallies?

Jason

Here she is...

196f745d.jpg

I bought this 1999 BMW F650 in June of this year and it had 8500 miles on it. Not bad for a 1999! It now has 11,000 or so miles on it.

I just changed the oil and the coolant this past week - my first attempt at anything "mechanical" and I was proud of this increase in performance that resulted from this endeavor. However, I was not impressed (nor was my wife) with the mess I made in the garage. :bolt

I put on the Barkbuster Handguards (not CRAZY about them) and custom made bar-end weights (after one fell off somewhere during a rainstorm). I added GIVI racks and bought a couple of Pelican 1550 Cases on ebay and bolted them to the racks. I will most likely find another case and use it for a top-rack.

I also removed to canister from the rear-right side to make way for some sort of storage tube.

If anyone has any other suggestions RE: this bike, I am :ear!

Takes Me Back . . . .

I started my affair w/ BMW in May of 1972. I bought a new R60/5 when I was starting college (SU) and rode year 'round. Never on ice or in snow but if the road was dry I was on my BMW.
I lived in Skaneateles until 1998 when I move to NC. No work, high taxes, high utilities and I became sick of 5 month winters. I sure do miss the Finger Lakes and the Adirondacks and 1000 Islands.
I am on my fourth BMW now and I could never have a new bike but I love my airheads. I can wrench myself and I keep it in tip top shape.
I sure wish I cold get free and do the FL Rally!
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
:thumb

ron_d05.jpg

Come on up for Color in the Catskills. Last year this regional event was a winner out of the gate.

• FREE admission
  • Celebrate Oktoberfest
  • Ride a demo BMW
  • Family friendly - bring mom and the kids
  • FREE GS training event

Last edited:
http://www.f650.com/

Check out this site... if there is something to know about the F650, it is on there... I'm on my 4th F650, the 2nd 99... I buy and ride, then sell for something else, then wish I had it back so I buy another one... I'm keeping this last one!!!

That site actually helped me with a bunch of stuff from relocating the VR to changing the coolant and oil. Oh yeah, and told me how to survive when the carbon canister, um, "fell off". ;)

Welcome to the MOA! hey I live down the road around Troy. Great bike you have there for the great roads we have here! happy miles and smiles!

Bob

http://www.f650.com/

Check out this site... if there is something to know about the F650, it is on there... I'm on my 4th F650, the 2nd 99... I buy and ride, then sell for something else, then wish I had it back so I buy another one... I'm keeping this last one!!!

Haven't we heard this before? :laugh

Hi all! Just signed up for a year membership! Bought a used 1999 F650 and getting ready to do an Alaska trip next spring. Any suggestions would be well received!!

Thanks!

nokkusan

I've had several friends make the trip to Alaska up the Alcan Highway and the pictures and stores really call to me. Your F650 should be a great bike for the trip and you'll have stores to tell for sure. Congratulations on your new ride, and welcome to the 'MOA!

Wow! Thanks for the welcome messages everyone! :bow

If anyone has suggestions for places to hit on the Alaska trip or possible sponsors (this is all being done through the National Kidney Foundation to raise money and awareness) I am all ears -----> :ear

jason

Back