• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Autumn Beemer Bash, anybody?

Polarbear

Polarbear
The rally is upon us again in QUINCY,CA...Anybody rid'in from Central CA. I go on Friday morning, early(out of CLOVIS) and its about 350 miles for me. Route, undecided, but we usually go through the High Sierra's along our route somewhere, using the Reno,NV route "last year" to Quincy. Its a really good rally in a wonderful, forested part of California, around 4000' elevation. Nights are cool/cold to days are perfect. Camping is premier grass:). See ya along the way or there. Randy:thumb

I have been going for the past several years and had planned on going this year. Unfortunately in the last month we have had 3 very expensive repairs around the house that is going to keep me from going this year. What a bummer. Economic realities suck! :cry

I just mailed in my registration. Not sure what I'll ride there, probably something old. My R90S just got a new front tire and a service... hmmm...

Attended my first Beemer Bash last year. I've sent in my registration and looking forward to another great rally. Leaving Fri. morning from Stockton, CA.
:clap

Look us up:)

We'll be camping there again and probably arriving late afternoon on Friday. Wife and I ride two bikes, Me on the GSA1200, red/white and Gini is on her '08 KLR650 "The Frog", Green One:). Please look us up at the rally. Both bikes sport Jesse Bags and easy to spot:). We normally camp in the open field, right inside the main gate to the right, for early morning sun. Its cold there in the AM...Happy Trails,Randy

I'll do that. I ride a K75S, Dakar yellow, (easy to spot) camped last year under some trees behind the Gazebo I'll be trying to find a similar shaddy spot this year.
:brow

I usually camp across the "street" from the flower display areas, off to the left from the entrance, and behind the "schoolhouse". I will probably come up on Thursday.

I was hoping to go again this year, but it looks like I'll have to pass--bummer :cry. My son is at that age/stage where he wants both parents around, and he'll stay up until I say good night to him. Also, the bike needs service it's having trouble starting, and I don't have the time to trouble shot and repair before the rally.

On the plus side, there's always next year.

Have good ride.

There will be a few guys from the Bakersfield contingent showing up again this year. I will be riding up either Thursday PM or Early Fri morning. I can get there by late afternoon. I love riding CA 49 all the way up but I have done that ride a few times. I also have rode 395 enough. So what are my other options? 99? Yuk....

I know the routine;

Boredome, finding the different roads every year to Quincy! I've also done all of them many many times over. 49 is still a favorite, but I love the Eastern Sierra side too and I alternate, taking different passes every year. We have 4 great ones, south of Tahoe. Even the Sherman Pass, down near Bakersfield, is 5. This one is much less known. See ya'll there in Quincy. Tell some tales of the East Coast this year, in our travels:)....Randy

Quincy....

I am sitting here waiting for my replacement tranny and drive shaft to arrive. A swing arm pivot pin ons on order, Got my clutch dfisc yesterday.. Need to clean it up and bolt it together.
If I am sucessful.. I'll be there. Never R&Red a tranny b4. Wish me luck.

Tom

Good luck TOM,

If all else fails you, put it all in a truck and bring it, we'll put it all back together at the rally:). Get r done and ride it of course. More fun this way!....I've never done one of the newer ones either, but have done many Airheads to this degree of teardown. Randy

Alternate Routes?

You could always add a day or two at either end and come visit us out on the coast. Lots-o-twisties here, and for sure a different ride than 49 or 395. I know a place with a few rooms open either side of the ralley. We don't get to go to the rally as my niece is getting married the following weekend and its difficult to get the Inn covered competently for two weekends in a row.....:dunno
Hope you all have fun! The Bash was the first rally we ever went to at Gold Beach near Plymouth....

Oh yeah

Hey Randy, Jeff and everyone else!

I wouldn't miss the BASH if the world was on fire. Hmmmm...it sort of is down in LA, but I am still going.

Leaving the SF east bay on Thursday around 12 - 2 pm. Anyone interested in joining me on the ride up?

Scott

Gold Beach:)

Now that dates you some, Jim:). I was there too and have been to all the Bash's, but Gold Beach was a long time ago and I remember it. Hi to Boingo"Scott"too, as I remember our trip to Gillette well, part ways anyhow. Glad to hear you're going. I still have it planned, but have injured my left foot two weeks ago and still revovering. It hurts:(. Never having missed one of these, it would be horrible to start now and I'm fighting hard to get over this foot thing. Happy Trails, Randy:thumb:usa

Thank you Bash:)

Thanks to all at the Bash and its org(Central Cal BMW Riders) that does this after all these years. I've been to all of'em and its still a very nice time. 30 some years and counting, as one of our senior rallies. I still won't miss it:). Sorry i missed some good friends from this forum there. Another day, Happy Trails, Randy:thumb:usa

Back