• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Two Wheel Tuesday, Milwaukee Style

Ever hear of a Morini???

Certainly!! I bought a new Moto Morini 3.5 Sport in 1983 & still own it. Hermy Baver, a BMW/Triumph dealer still active in Port Clinton, Pa. imported the 250, 350 & 500cc models from the mid 70's until the company's demise. Morini was a small family owned company that got bought out by Cagiva in the late 80's after the elder Morini passed away & his daughter tired of running the company. Franco Morini, who is not related to the original family, bought the name from the Castiglioni brothers (Cagiva) in 1998 and is reviving the company. The original designer of the 350 V-twin, Lambertini, is back on board and they have already shown a running example of the new V-twin motor which will be built in displacements ranging from 750-1200cc.
The 350 Sport has a jewel of an engine with 11 to 1 compression using Heron heads, a dry clutch, 6 speed transmission & belt drive to the cams (a motorcycle first). Not bad for 1972!! The sport model redlines at 9000 rpm but will pull further without valve float.

Now you know.

Bikpaintr said:
Now you know.
And Cliffy had me convinced that he played for the Brewers! Now I've been properly Morinized. Thanks Bikpaintr. Feel free to post pictures of YOUR Morini.

There goes my cover.......

I thought I could just slide in and hangout without being seen but "No Way Jose". The Paparazzi was there with there big cameras taking pictures. I was on assignment by a local big motorcycle manufacturer to see what all this hoopla was about and to see if there actually are gatherings of other brand bikes at places that don't serve beer. I reported my findings and told them that nobody noticed my presence and that my job was done. My reputation as an P.I. has been tarnished by one our own.
I'm going to try it again one more time before hanging up my licence. There's a rumor going round that there's a big Octoberfest Brewha coming up and I'll be there to see if what they say about it is true. "These German bike guy's not only ride alot but they're no slouches in the Party Department either". I'll let you know if this is all a ploy to try and steal riders away from the local product...........

Stay tuned.......................P..........

we have a little weekly gathering in NC:

BIKER'S BREAKFAST @ Michael's Bar&Grill on US 15-501 between Chapel Hill and Pittsboro. We will have between 75 and 175 bikes there most every Sunday, March to November. In the winter months (Dec.-March), we have 15-50 bikes, mostly Beemers. :bliss

I have been told that our Breakfast is the largest weekly gathering of bikes in the Southeast. Don't know for sure but it is well known about in VA,NC, and SC!

Re: There goes my cover.......

papple said:
There's a rumor going round that there's a big Octoberfest Brewha coming up and I'll be there to see if what they say about it is true. "These German bike guy's not only ride alot but they're no slouches in the Party Department either".

Yeah -- I've heard about that Oktoberfest Party too. I heard the hostess is AWESOME!

(ahem)

Party-On

Cool pics!!:thumb I hope that the weather stays nice for a while longer so you can post some more.:wow

In Northern Illinois, the Chicago Region BMWR has the Monday Night Hot Dog Run, without any particular organization there's Sunday Morning at the Full Moon Family Restaurant on Rt 41 just south of Rt 137. There's also something out in Cary, IL on Sundays that I'm not familiar with.

boxergrrlie said:
This is my friend Ritche on his Aprilia. TheyÔÇÖre pretty rare here in Milwaukee.
Sure! they made a 3 1/2 Sport (350cc) V-Twin (like the ducati V) that was TOTALY kool! They started showing up in the early-mid 70's and were one of the first 4-stroke bikes to give the then famous Yamaha RD350 a real run for its money in the unmodified street class road racing circuit.

I would SO love to have one in my stable.

here's a link with some info

RM

Sure! they made a 3 1/2 Sport (350cc) V-Twin (like the ducati V) that was TOTALY kool!

The Morini V-Twin engine was a 72* V while the Ducati is a 90*. Here's a pic of my 82 3.5 Sport which shows the difference.

Attachments

• morini.jpg
    morini.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 98
Bikpaintr said:
The Morini V-Twin engine was a 72* V while the Ducati is a 90*. Here's a pic of my 82 3.5 Sport which shows the difference.
SWEEEET! love those machines. Yer right it was a 72Deg. I was just refering to orientation as some V-twins are like the the Guzzi.

you still got that baby?

RM

Even if it can't throw worth a darn...;)

Bikpaintr said:
Here's a pic of my 82 3.5 Sport which shows the difference.
That's a beautiful machine! Thanks for sharing.

you still got that baby?

Who in their right mind would ever sell a bike that sweet? I've owned it 24.5 years & have no intention of ever parting with it. There is an Aprilia twin & a Duc 907ie keeping it company in the Italian wing of my shop as well as 3 Alfas so it feels right at home.

The Veg Checks in on this one!

Yes Rebecca, as somebody else already said, there IS a song about that one! :D

DAMN fine song too!

I think Veg has been spending all of his time searching for electrical gremlins.... but he showed up to ride with me:clap :clap

Back