• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Chattanooga Riders

01RedRider

I would like to hear from Chattanooga area BMW riders to see if anyone is doing or if there is any interest in a fall color ride in late September or October.

I go up to the mountains every chance I get and always try to take a long weekend in the Smokies during the Fall. Let me know what you're interested in and I may join you.

Got a BMW owners/riders from Southeast meeting up at Ironhorse Lodge Oct. 23, 23, 24, 09

www.ironhorsenc.com

Informal gathering... ride, eat, kick tires, lie, eat, ride, kick more tires....repeat!

all are welcome.

Man that is good news, we need a local dealer. Do you know exactly where in Harrison?

Man that is good news, we need a local dealer. Do you know exactly where in Harrison?

Hwy 58, near the Honda dealer....toward 153.... the vacant building is former boat dealer, next door to a Taco Bell...

Web site says Dec. 15th target date

Right on time

I may be able to do my Christmas shopping at a BMW shop in Chattanooga :clap I hope they are going to be active in promoting events in our area.

I was out for a short ride a few days ago on my K1 and thought I would stop by the new shop just to see how far they had gotten. The building still looked empty and still had the "For Lease" sign in the window. I'm sure it won't be long and they will be busier than a beehive in there.

About two weeks ago I went to their temporary website and made contact with him via email. He responded quickly with a newsletter attached to let me know their timetable, and said that their new website should go live within a week (and it did).

It will feel strange to have a local dealer again, I don't think we have had one since the late 70's or very early 80's. That one was also a Honda dealer and was located on Hwy 153, I think it's a pawn shop now. After they shut their doors I started going to Rees BMW in Shelbyville TN. I really liked Clyde Rees and his son David, but I think they finally closed up shop some time in the mid 90's. Since then it has been BMW of Atlanta (120 miles) or the Internet. Clyde died about three years ago and his son David died in a house fire along with his wife maybe 8-10 years ago.

They are here.

I met the owner of the new shop today, they were in the parking lot. I just welcomed them to Chattanooga and told them we were glad to have them open up here.

I've got to say, I'm very excited about the new dealership in Chattanooga. The owner is a nice, extremely approachable, experienced guy who has been with BMW corporate for years. He knows his stuff and you can just tell he's going to do his best to be an exceptional dealership.

I took a break from my work on Tuesday and rode over to the store just to see what was going on. In the 30 minutes I was there, I met three other riders who had done the same thing. In the midst of trying to open his store, Justin was out in the parking lot talking to all of us.

Let's do all we can to support the new store. Obviously, he's taking on a lot of risk and liability opening a new motorcycle store in this economy. I am thrilled I don't have to ride to Knoxville, Atlanta, or Birmingham for service. I intend to give him my full support.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

JQ

Good to meet you John at our new dealer yesterday,

In talking with the owner, the target date is still the 15th of December, with a rider's get together and some food on the 19th..... Understand the GRAND opening will be held in early spring....but looks like the doors will open this year and by the 15th...

I certainly intend to support our local dealer, Like John said....quite a challenge in today's economy....

I really like Justin's attitude toward future customers and wanting to get the area BMW riding community united with some rides and events.

Good news for Chatt Town

I am very happy to hear that they are interested in putting together local events, I work Saturdays but will do all I can to help.

A little behind

I saw Justin yesterday and he told me he is running behind on the opening. Looks like the new date is the 19th of December.

I was going by this week to check thing out again.... I understand, getting all the ducks in a row is kinda hard this time of year too!... But will be there on the 19th.

I was going by this week to check thing out again.... I understand, getting all the ducks in a row is kinda hard this time of year too!... But will be there on the 19th.
Hi Don: I might just take a ride over there on the 19th what time are you thinking you might be there?.

Hi Don: I might just take a ride over there on the 19th what time are you thinking you might be there?.

Dave, I should be there by 9:30 AM or so... I am in Chattanooga this week, so may get by to check on progress Monday or Tuesday...

Have a good ride over.... I get an updated posted this week.

Hey Guys,

I talked to Mike who is the service writer at the new BMW store in Chatt. He told me the delay was due to some unfinished computer issues with BMW but they should be ready to open their service department by the 19th.

Unfortunately for Justin, he can't get his hands on any new bikes until BMW gets their act together so I'm sure he's a bit frustrated. But I had a great conversation with Mike and am very impressed with the team of folks Justin is putting together to serve the area. I'm so glad I will not have to be spending entire days going out of town to get service done.

We just need to be patient. I think Christmas will come a bit early this year -- around the 19th to be exact. Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the big day.

Hey Guys,

I talked to Mike who is the service writer at the new BMW store in Chatt. He told me the delay was due to some unfinished computer issues with BMW but they should be ready to open their service department by the 19th.

Unfortunately for Justin, he can't get his hands on any new bikes until BMW gets their act together so I'm sure he's a bit frustrated. But I had a great conversation with Mike and am very impressed with the team of folks Justin is putting together to serve the area. I'm so glad I will not have to be spending entire days going out of town to get service done.

We just need to be patient. I think Christmas will come a bit early this year -- around the 19th to be exact. Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the big day.

John and others, I dropped in today and met some of the staff, did meet Mike and Justin's father as well..... they are working very hard to get things together, but like you mentioned...they got it together, where they have control....but the getting of bikes and parts is in the hands of corporate BMW...and that wheel is moving slowly..... I plan on being there on Saturday to see and meet new BMW folks, it will be a good day and good welcome for area riders/owners to come by and say Welcome and enjoyed the fellowship..

I am sure by the Grand Opening in the Spring....the house will be in order!

I have my 05 GS for sale, so going to carry it to have a Used on the floor for sale.
See you folks on Saturday....

I think I'll wait until the grand opening this spring. I've got a lot to do before my next trip.

Don let us know how it went saturday.

I think I'll wait until the grand opening this spring. I've got a lot to do before my next trip.

Don let us know how it went saturday.

Dave, did you get any of the White stuff?

The riders welcome went well...large turnout for the lousy weather...but several where able to ride in from the local area.

The Offical Grand Opening will be this Spring, should have all the BMW stuff by then ....but a good showing of riders/owners....Mayor of Chattanooga cut the ribbon, cool guy...he hung around for long time and talk to the riders....we showed him the LT and all the goodies...moving wind screen and all....

BTW, Hwy 64 along the Ocoee River is still closed and may not reopen until last of January.....think are are going to build a rock shelter bridge over the road or at least they are talking about it....

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

later

Back