• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New guy

R

rspivee

Howdy, I am new to the club and new to motorcycles. I bought a '79 R65 as my first bike and have been riding it for about four months now. I have always had a thing for airheads since I was a kid. Our neighbor had an R90 s and I have thought airheads were the coolest ever since. I live in Macon Georgia.

Richard

Welcome aboard Rich - you will find this an excellent forum for so many things

For your bike there is an Airhead specific bike discussion area

For your area there is a specific regional forum for activities "near" you.

Maybe you can post a picture of your current bike.

Anyway check in often.

Luis

I so enjoyed the Georgia Mountain Rally, as a season kickoff event, I was glad to ride down
from the cold of Maine into some of the nicest hill riding around.
Welcome! You're living in a gorgeous piece of the country.

One of my all-time favorite BMW bikes is the R65. With the short wheelbase and an engine that loves (needs) to be wound up, they can be a total hoot in the twisties. I've kept ahead of many larger and more powerful bikes on an R65 and had a blast doing it. :evil Welcome!

Howdy, I am new to the club and new to motorcycles. I bought a '79 R65 as my first bike and have been riding it for about four months now. I have always had a thing for airheads since I was a kid. Our neighbor had an R90 s and I have thought airheads were the coolest ever since. I live in Macon Georgia.

Richard

hi & welcome. - you might like to check out the georgia club.

we have a meeting coming up on august 30, too.

i really need to introduce you to fellow R65 owner bill gould. he is a fountain of knowledge on your bike. here is his motorcycle blog on our forum.

hope you can make it...

ian

Welcome Richard. Sorry I missed your post earlier.

You are riding a great bike that lots of Beemer folks drool over. I would be interested in hearing how you decided to ride Beemers and in particular how it was your choice for your first one.

Back