• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rides in / around the Bay Area...

JJ Cerilli

This is JJ Cerilli ('78 R100RS Motorsport) and I live in Pleasanton and work in Fremont. ;)

Can someone please add my email address (john.cerilli@axt.com) to your upcoming / ongoing email list for Saturday / Sunday BMW Rides" in and around the Bay Area? ;)

Thanks in advance!:german

JJ Cerilli
www.vintagemotorcyclesonline.com

Last edited:
Hey Scott;

Good advice from Randy, Clovis,CA....we never met in Tennessee, but I made it there and to the RA Rally in W.VA.. Missed you. A lot of folks indeed, huh, so it was unlikely to find somebody you know. I just got home Saturday evening. Happy Trails to ya, Randy R1200GSA/Gini KLR650 out of ClovisCA....Good luck Pleasanton and check the Airhead tech gathering in Pleasanton this weekend, the 8th at somebodies home there. I saw it posted just this night here in the Airheads section(Forum)....Randy

I was wrong;

The Pleasanton gathering is posted here, this weekend(Sat.), just down a few posts. Randy

Tri-Valley Moto (Livermore's new BMW dealer near Costco) has shop rides on the 1st Sunday of each month. They alternate leaving from Livermore or Cal Moto in Mt. View.

http://www.trivalleymoto.com/community/rides/index.html

The BMW Club of Northern California (NorCal) usually has a "Second Sunday" breakfast and ride, but I don't see one posted yet for this weekend. They also have monthly camping trips. We'll be going to Fort Bragg on the 29th this month.

On Labor Day weekend we have our "serious" riding tour, The Range of Light Gypsy Tour. Meet in Red Bluff Friday night. Camp. Get route sheet for Saturdays ride to ????(a few hundred miles away). Have soft luggage transported by truck and trailer. Ride some great roads.

Arrive at new campground Sat. eve.. Have catered dinner with beer available. Camp. Get route sheet for Sun. to ??? (a few hundred miles away). Ride Sunday to next camp. Catered dinner. Poker run awards. Door prizes. Camp.

Ride home Mon.

Ride in small groups or ride by yourself. What ever you enjoy.

http://bmwnorcal.org/

I live in Vintage Hills. Give me a call 925 417-1974

:dance:dance:dance

Lee -

Thanks for the feedback.

I live about 10 minutes from the Tri-Valley dealer in Livermore, and visit that dealership often. I will check out the bmwnorcal group as well.:german

JJ Cerilli
Pleasanton, CA

(510) 377-5575 - mobile
email: john.cerilli@axt.com

The breakfast ride for Sunday is on. The website should be updated today or tomorrow at the latest.

Breakfast is in Pacifica. Then down Hwy. 1 to Ana Nuevo for a break. Then over to Alice's for some tire kicking. Abt. 70 miles.

Call me. We can ride over together if you want.

:dance:dance:dance

Thanks for the call today!

Lee -

Nice talking to you and thanks for the call!;) I enjoyed our conversation.;)

I will call you when I get back in town and make an appointment to swing by and show you my Motorsport.:german

Take care, have a good weekend and I look foward to meeting you soon!

Best regards,

JJ Cerilli
Pleasanton, CA
www.vintagemotorcyclesonline.com

hey john, sent you a pm on this as well, every third saturday the 'airheads' have 'ride to eat' for lunch - if your interested for saturday 8/15 check the airhead site for details or send me a pm and i will give you info for ride - some will ride their airheads, some mix it up as many like myself are multiple bike owners. jay

3rd Saturday "Ride to Eat" gathering

Jay -

Thanks, and I am currently in Beijing on business. I return this Friday, but then leave for a weeks vacation - and yes, by motorcycle! I am back in town Monday, Aug. 31st.

Perhaps we can meet and ride in the near future, September? When I am not visiting customers in NE Asia, I live in Pleasanton and work out of an office in Fremont.

A photo of my ride below - '78 R100RS "Motorsport Edition"

Take care and thanks again for the kind invite!

Best regards,

JJ Cerilli

Attachments

• Beemer, CORBIN.jpg
    Beemer, CORBIN.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 64
Pleasanton

Hi John,

There is always something going on around here. 1.5 wks ago, there was a Airheads meet in Castro Valley, then met at the Junction in Livermore via Pleasanton.

I live in Pleasanton and ride a 2004 R1200C Montauk.

Hi Montauk!

Thanks for your reply. I too, live in Pleasanton. I look foward to meeting / riding with you in the near future!

Ironically, I just returned from a 2,600 mile "road-trip" up north.

Two of my riding buddies that went with me are from Portland and they ride Beemers.

One is a 1998 1200C "cruiser" and one is also a 2004 1200C Montauk, with custom-paint. Nice bike and rare - only made in 2004! I like the dual "cycloptic" headlights!

Attachments

• Motorcycle Trip 2009 137.jpg
    Motorcycle Trip 2009 137.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 41
Back