• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who in MN has an after market seat on their 1200RT?

mreimler

I want to get an aftermarket seat for my 1200RT but would like to test sit them before I buy. If you have an aftermarket seat on your RT, live in MN (Mpls area makes it easier) and wouldn't mind me having a sit on your bike, send me a PM and I'll have a good excuse to take the new bike for a ride.

By the way, this bike is SWEET!

I own a '02 1150 RT with a Corbin so I can't help you but welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride! Live in Savage so drop me a pm if you want to get a ride in.
:german

Well, I am in Minnesota, I do have a 2009 R1200RT that is only a few weeks old, but still sitting on the stock seat.

I have a Bill Mayer and it is a great improvement over stock but if I had to do it again I would go with the russel day-long. I am a large man and any foam seat won't do as well as a sprung seat. I have done an 1,100 mile day but not without discomfort.

aftermarket seats

If you have not already, contact some of the local MN clubs for your "sit on" demo.

I do not have an RT, but I have sat on various aftermarket seats (R11XXR), and Russel has my vote. If you are a large person, Russel will put springs in the seat which is better than all foam. I think springs are a good idea anyway, regardless of weight of rider.

If I may use a saying (slightly modified) from my late grandmother: "When it comes to your tushy, go first class".

My 2 cents.

I am a cheapo kind of guy. I use the Alaska Sheepskin with a Airhawk pad under it. Raises the seat height but for less then $200 it works for me.;)
In the winter I take them off and raise the seat.

Back