• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A Pre Rally Beemer Wedding

rickg

Hey guys, I just got back from a 14 day road trip on my 1150 GS. I left with a fiance and came home with a wife!

We rode down to the National in Johnson City, TN a couple of days early and booked a B&B in Jonesborough 10 miles down the road. Jonesborough is the oldest city in TN and is also the Story Telling Capital of the World.

When planning this, I spoke on the phone to Crystal who works in the County Clerks office. She explained what documents we would need and when I asked if she could arrange for someone to marry us, she replied in a sweet southern drawl, "I can marry ya!" I then asked in what capacity she could marry us and she replied, "Well, they said I could." That was good enough for Cheri and I so we got married in the Gazebo in the park in downtown Jonesborough.

Turns out Crystal who is just 31 is a sworn public servant and has performed over 400 weddings, about half she reckons were real shot gun weddings.

We then spent 3 nights at the rally doing the Bush Tour and then rode down to Asheville to a luxury cabin built for two. We visited the Biltmore Estate and sat in our private out door hot tub gazing at the stars. Then we jumped on the Blue Ridge Parkway heading north spending the night in Jefferson NC. Back on the Parkway the next day stopping off at Natural Bridge, VA to check out the sights and to spend the night at the old Natural Bridge Hotel which turned out to be much nicer than expected.

Finally we rode over to Canaan Valley, WV fo the BMW RA National for the final weekend of our motorcycle honeymoon.

The final count was 1850 miles over 14 days and 7 states. Oh yeah and one fantastic wife!!

Rick G

Congratulations!

I hope a few pictures were taken and eventually you and the Mrs. will share a few.

Did anyone put a just married sign on your ride? :laugh

Did you hang a Just Married sign on the bike or drag tin cans ?

Thank you for all of your well wishes. We had a blast, though during the course of our trip, we did discover our maximum limit of days that we could stand each other on a motorcycle... 9 1/2 days. Of course we still had 4 1/2 days to go when we came to that conclusion. LOL

Here is my attempt to post a couple of pics.

To answer a few questions, yes we had a "Just Married" banner that our host at the B&B gave us and I brought along some red streamers for the ride from Jonesborough to the Rally. At the rally the banner and Cheri's wedding bouquet were lashed to our tent at the Sherpa.

Rick G

This pic was at the B&B before strolling down to the courthouse to initiate the paperwork.

Attachments

• Wedding Pic with bike.jpg
    Wedding Pic with bike.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 134
Exchanging our vows with Crystal at the Gazebo.

Attachments

• Wedding Pic Vows.jpg
    Wedding Pic Vows.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 132
Our Honeymoon Tent at the Sherpa. Note the bouquet and the banner.

Attachments

• Wedding Pic Honeymoon Tent.jpg
    Wedding Pic Honeymoon Tent.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 131
Did you have separate bikes? Someone at the rally had "Just: on their back and one had "Wed." Was that you? Either way-Congrats!

Rick,

So glad that you have been blessed and married up;)

Maggie and I think the world of both of you.

See yinz in a few weeks, gotta keep the Honeymoon going.....

Rick,

So glad that you have been blessed and married up;)

Maggie and I think the world of both of you.

See yinz in a few weeks, gotta keep the Honeymoon going.....

Thanks Dan. Great spending time with the two of you at the rally.

See you at 4 Winds.

Rick G

IÔÇÖm thinking the other ÔÇ£JustÔÇØ ÔÇ£WedÔÇØ couple may have been our friends Sigrid (formerly Hitzemann) & Marty Sackman, from Butler, OH. They were wed July 4 in Niagara Falls, ONT and rode over 1200 miles on their honeymoon in Canada & the NE. Came home & worked 3 days and took off for Johnson City, went back to OH, worked 4 more days & rode to Canaan. These two really like to RIDE!
Congrats Sigrid & Marty
:love

Good for them! I remember meeting Sigrid at a rally a couple of years ago. Nice lady. Never met her fiance now husband but I would bet he is a great guy as well.

Love was definitely in the air at the rally!

Rick G

Back