• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2010 Texas National Rally

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
2010 Texas National Rally-UPDATE 10-17-09

We took a club ride to Llano today so I added some info and pics. The river looks better than it did a few months back and the park is green as we expect it to be in April. Lot's of shade and right by the water!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never too early to start planning 2010's calendar.... The San Antonio BMW Riders Association has taken the lead this year from our fellow Texas clubs in setting up the annual TEXAS no frills rally. This years dates will be the weekend AFTER Easter April 9-11.

We tied the venue down today , the rally will HQ in Llano,TX in Robinson City Park along the south side of the Llano River just west of downtown on RR 152 ( 2 miles). Llano is pronounced LANNO! NOT a mispelled Plano! GPS Coordinates for the park are N 30 44.942 W 098 42.333...elevation 1040' (if you were wondering!)

683798657_ZMpZQ-M.jpg

683801881_YUj9B-M.jpg

683754437_AqvUF-M.jpg

Security on site at entrance to park!
683765675_yLm5v-M.jpg

The city of Llano has a lot of shops and restaurants near the town square and a sampling can be found on the Llano Chambers link further down the page.

683801129_ULAXf-M.jpg

683785794_vcJy8-M.jpg

This is a must for the BBQ crowd
683789862_jAtpj-M.jpg

Within 50 miles to the south is Fredericksburg and all it's sights and shops,including the WWII Nimitz Museum, Enchanted Rock State Park. The Longhorn Caverns State Park with scenic Park Road 4 as well as Fredericksburgs' Willow City Loop are also a short drive from Llano.

http://www.fredericksburg-texas.com/

If you have also never been to Fredericksburg...very touristy, but lot's to do...

683855188_R68to-M.jpg

Looks like they are adding on to the museum...if you have never been...quite a treat!

http://www.nimitz-museum.org/

683767992_h9vUF-M.jpg

140378648_BPVAz-M.jpg

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/enchanted_rock/

683791616_6HCfE-M.jpg

along the Willow City Loop

If you haven't ridden this part of Texas in the Spring...the wildflowers are also appearing about this time all along scenic hill country back roads

540815589_oBzop-M.jpg

540821487_LRjuP-M.jpg

http://www.llanochamber.org/

The Chamber is working with us to add value to the event with local merchants, more info will be added to the club website closer to the event

WWW.SABMWRA.org

The website of the San Antonio BMW Riders Association. We will have info added in the near future with a link to Llano sites as well

www.llanorivergolfcourse.com
West of the Park entrance

Terry handles reservations for the RV spots which are $22 a night, full hookups up to 60 amps I believe. The sooner you lock one of these down the better...you know the Winter Texans know about this place! The RV section is near the pavilion and just inside the park entrance and across from the Police Department . It has it's own shower facilities as well that are supposed to be top notch.

683766416_phjqn-M.jpg

683764876_Q6tHj-M.jpg

We will handle a master list for Terry of campers at the rally which is a rate of $1 a person per night. There is a very wide oak shaded grassy strip all along the river in front of and west of the pavilion we have reserved. Walking distance to showers/restrooms. The showers are "adequate", just not been updated in some

683768903_8sCAo-M.jpg

683760756_HPJQ6-M.jpg

683758977_v4AQN-M.jpg

683763039_bHFeU-M.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's about it for this update... April's not that far away!:thumb

Last edited:
As I remember there is a very good, make that excellant bar-b-que establishment in Llano and great riding venues in every direction. Ride Safe :usa :usa

mmmm... AFTER Easter!!! nice... thanks!

Coopers... mmmm yeah... anytime. First time I ate a 3 inch thick pork chop.... and it was PERFECT...

2010 Tx Natl

I am looking forward to it. Attended the 2009, rode out on Friday and home on Saturday to be in church for Resurrection Sunday. Not much time at rally site ,but had a great fun.

Looked at the link to the San Antonio chapter. What a classy website and newsletter.

I haven't done much fun riding this summer and am feeling a bit low about that. This announcement has lifted my spirtets and given me something to look forward to. It is just before my birthday so I think I'll celebrate in Llano!:drink

Hope to see ya there Paul and I suppose Keith can bring his Guzzi.:laugh

lest you forget

[QUOTEHope to see ya there Paul and I suppose Keith can bring his Guzzi.:laugh[/QUOTE]

He snuck in on a Goose last year. My bride says she wants to go this year.
She may even camp. I keep hearing comments like "the old bike feels like a real motorcycle and it is more fun" Bet if WE lost about a hundred pounds we would fit on it better.

Paul,
Losing weight!?!?!?!?! Isn't that the truth!;) I might even bring the R75 instead of the GSA. Especially now that I have a large tank to go along with the small original tank. Only thing is, I can carry more on the GSA. Diane will still be on the F650 thumper. She soesn't really like the twin....says it is too uninteresting and ordinary.:dunno

Oh...yeah, Henzilla; I thought that we had the real national rally here in Tejas.:p:p

Dave

Texas National Rally

Well, I suppose if I'm going to be a volunteer Texan this winter, I guess I'll be required to do this. Please don't make me go... please. Oh, there is? There's barbeque? OK, I'll reconsider.

Maybe I could hit Branson on the way home?

Well, I suppose if I'm going to be a volunteer Texan this winter, I guess I'll be required to do this. Please don't make me go... please. Oh, there is? There's barbeque? OK, I'll reconsider.

Maybe I could hit Branson on the way home?

We call them Winter Texans...:brow :laugh:laugh
There's ALWAYS BBQ with this bunch! We do the Blitz after this on the 23rd so your timing might work out!

TEXAS National

Great City, Great site- Have camped there many times- count me in!

MFF

Everything is bigger in TX. :clap You all sure have some active BMW MOA Chartered Clubs that know how to have a good time.

Good luck with your National Rally!:bikes

Nimitz Museum

In Fredricksburg is excellent. Stumbled on it last year on a trip. Quite unexpected.

Back