• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I LOVE Sweet Corn

Sweet corn followed by ice cream :)

"Sweet corn followed by HOME MADE ice cream"...there, I fixed it for you.

Brings back memories of the old crank ice cream maker and getting to eat the ice cream off the paddle when it was done. Mmmmmm.

"Sweet corn followed by HOME MADE ice cream"...there, I fixed it for you.

Brings back memories of the old crank ice cream maker and getting to eat the ice cream off the paddle when it was done. Mmmmmm.

Mom had a 12-qt White Mountain hand crank. When the ice bucket began to leak, Dad encased the bucket in fiberglass. For some reason, colorblind Dad, tinted the resin a shade of blue which matched the 65 F250 he bought 6 or 8 yrs later.

I had some really nice sweet corn last night with friends, much better than what we get at home.

I bet your lobster is better. I have fond memories of when we lived in St John’s. My dad would often bring home a crate of lobsters which was consumed with great gusto. Lobster with corn followed by ice cream would be a good meal.

I bet your lobster is better. I have fond memories of when we lived in St John’s. My dad would often bring home a crate of lobsters which was consumed with great gusto. Lobster with corn followed by ice cream would be a good meal.

And, lobster is a low-calorie entree allowing you more room for dessert.

Lobster in the corn thread?
Lobsters eat all the dead, rotting stuff off the ocean floor.
OM

Bottom feeding filter feeders, they eat what you eat after you eat it.

I don't care, I love the little critters and yes the lobsters I get from my friend the inshore fisherman are great. We often get them the same day they're caught. Yum Yum Yum. Just a week or two ago he had his last lobster boil of the season, I only ate two, I blame it on the fact I had to eat some really good smoked ribs too.

There is still a small amount of wild salmon harvested here but the stocks have been hit hard. My buddy does cod, crab and lobster. He gave us a bag of crab this year, we had a feed! We buy fresh and salt cod from him to keep us going through the winter.

Point missed I was hoping to keep the 10 year old Sweet Corn thread on Sweet Corn :hungover
OM

I just picked 2 dozen ears of "peaches and cream" sweet corn. Yellow and white kernels. My home town has a Sweetcorn festival, except when there's Covid. 🙁

So far almost everybody has missed the point: Lee lives in south central Iowa within rock throwing distance of corn fields and gardens, many of which have growing therein the finest sweet corn known to mankind. When he says he loves sweet corn he knows about that which he speaks.

So far almost everybody has missed the point: Lee lives in south central Iowa within rock throwing distance of corn fields and gardens, many of which have growing therein the finest sweet corn known to mankind. When he says he loves sweet corn he knows about that which he speaks.

Yes, but.......I doubt he eats it as an entree. Corn is a side dish. And, it aint Ice Cream.

A very limited point of view.

Excluding the 1.5-lane road passing in front of the house, I was raised in a house surrounded by fields. Depending on year (i.e. crop rotation) you could either see the neighbors or a wall of corn. When it was a wall of corn, somewhere in those fields was planted several rows of sweet corn which were either eaten off the cob, canned or sold. I don't recall corn being an entree......

Last edited:
I don't recall corn being an entree......

Au contraire! I have, on more than one occasion attended a "corn boil", whereat corn on the cob was boiled in large vats and then dipped in smaller vats of salted butter. The corn was not only the entree. It was in fact the complete meal including dessert.

Au contraire! I have, on more than one occasion attended a "corn boil", whereat corn on the cob was boiled in large vats and then dipped in smaller vats of salted butter. The corn was not only the entree. It was in fact the complete meal including dessert.

Bingo!

Back