• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I LOVE Sweet Corn

Made a couple of a different recipe a few days ago.. Tomato pie is, I think, a southern thing. Never saw it when I lived up north...

So people up north have'nt heard of Paula Deen? She is on TV & has a magazine & the web too.
Back on topic, we are now eating our 2nd crop of sweet corn. It's called Mirai and the Ill guys that bred it have a website with seeds recipes,etc.. It's good, my wife says her fave but lacks a bit of the "corny taste" I prefer. They will ship it to you if your not a garden type.

Looking for a bit of heaven in a husk? North Ridgevile Ohio hosts its annual Corn Fest this weekend. The Sweets booth soaks their locally grown yellow and white in salt water, roasts it in a conveyor unit, pulls it out, pulls back the husk as a handle and then dunks it in a pitcher of melted butter. It might not be the healthiest way to eat corn, but it sure is tasty. You can chase it with some fried swiss on a stick and funnel cake for desert.

Momma called the doctor
and the doctor said
no more butter
use the spray instead

FWIW, one of my GD's likes the "monkeys in the bed" nursery rhyme & my stents need less butter, not more, so this time of yr I go through lots of spray.

and then there's the subject of mater's...

I had to cook the last batch of corn I could find, I did four batchs like this got 20 quart bags to last the winter

Attachments

• corn 2.jpg
    corn 2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 124
Outstanding this year. Been eating the bi-color and the white.
From what I've been told this years corn crop is going to be HUGE.

The Iowa corn looked pretty tall to me. :laugh

IMG_1621.jpg

Just had some corn from a local grower!

Wow, super sweat!

I like my corn with butter and Garlic Garlic seasoning from Tastefully Simple. Incredible flavor!

jason

Our's is coming in now & on the table 7 days a week-two for me, one for wife. We wash the pan & it goes back on the stove. I don't get roasting corn on a grill for freezing? It tastes good that way but to freeze, I don't know? We have found that with fresh corn you can avoid the blanching and it tastes the same, color the same, etc.. Ours all gets eaten fresh or creamed into ziplocks.
Weather seems to play into flavor and fact that it has rained almost daily for much of summer has flavor down some? My neighbors "Incredible" variety is very good-better then the "Peaches & Cream"(which has many varieties within that name label) we raise.Another neighbor's "Ambrosia" variety is also very good. Most here raise those mentioned &/or "Bodacious"-with Silver Queen(not my kinda corn!) & various "super sweets" by many others.
Our heirloom tomatoes are a sorry mess-blight has ruined the fruit & killed the vines. Our soil now carries the "late blight" fungus from year to year & it is said to never go away! Same as Irish potato blight. I'm moving part of my garden far from that location next year.

Back