• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

SF BAY Area Tech Day Aug. 8th

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
SF BAY Area Airhead Tech Day Aug. 8th

I'm posting this for those who may want to attend. The following is an email from the host.

FOURTH ANNUAL PLEASANTON AIRHEAD TECH DAY*

The first three were so much fun, IÔÇÖm doing it again.

I am holding a tech day at my house in Pleasanton, CA. The date is Saturday,
August 8, 2009, 8 A.M. to whenever the work is finished.

I have a detached two stall garage with air compressor, plenty of power, a
Sears motorcycle lift, and plenty of containers for oil recycling. I have a
few BMW specialty tools, and large collection of fasteners and wire
connectors. Finally, I have a single bike trailer for anyone who canÔÇÖt
ride, or who doesnÔÇÖt quite make it here.

I will provide coffee, juice, and fat pills, as well as a little BBQ for
lunch. I have a little floor space, an extra couch, one spare bedroom, and
a big back yard if anyone needs to come down Friday night.

Please let me know if you are coming, and if you have any BMW specific tools
to share with a fellow Airhead.

Looking forward to another great turnout.

My address is: 3310 Guthrie Court, Pleasanton, CA 94588. Best phone is
(925) 518-8066.

Dale Schuett
ABC # 6108
1970 R75/5

Last edited:
depending on the weather...expect 20-40 people over the day. I'll be there with tools for carbs, valves and rod bearings if necessary. Might even swap out transmissions on the G/S.

Hope we don't have to do another pulled block stud again ;-) At least we have all the right tools now!

Dale -

This is John Cerilli and I am fellow a Beemer rider ('78 R100RS Motorsport Edition) and motorcycle enthusiast who also lives in Pleasanton;)

Aug. 8th is my 55th birthday, and my wife and I will be out of town, otherwise I would attend your event. However, I would like to meet / ride with you someday in the near future.;)

You can read more about me on my website ("Vintage Motorcycles On-Line" or VMOL) at: www.vintagemotorcyclesonline.com

Here is my work email where you can also reach me: john.cerilli@axt.com

Take care and I look foward to meeting you someday soon!

Best regards,

JJ Cerilli
Pleasanton, CA

It's been such a long time since I've done a valve adjust and TB synch, this would be a great opportunity.

Will someone have a Twinmax?

Thanks for doing this.

- Bob

Dale,

Real life has invaded my schedule - unfortunately will not be able to attend.

Bob

Back