• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMWNA involvement in the Rally??????

rbertalotto

Connie / Vance,

Does BMWNA contribute financially in these rallies? And if they do, how much do they pony up?

I loved the Rally........Best one I ever attended by a long shot. But that "BMW Commercial" at the closing ceremony was very weak. If BMWNA was a major financial supporter, then it was fine and appropriate. If they did not contribute, they should have drawn a ticket for that bike..............

I would also like to know if BMWNA supplied the two bikes that were given away or financially contributed in any way with that part of the event.........

Great job folks! Thanks a million!

I was talking to some folks at the rally about BMWNA. I thought they should have the CEO walk around the rally (undercover) and get the "pulse" or the BMW owners. Too often the top guy(s) at BMWNA have used the position as a steping stone to move into the car division.

I was talking to some folks at the rally about BMWNA. I thought they should have the CEO walk around the rally (undercover) and get the "pulse" or the BMW owners. Too often the top guy(s) at BMWNA have used the position as a steping stone to move into the car division.

This one did. :evil

BMW pays a vendor fee and provides demo rides, brings out Teach and a bunch of other things.

Don't forget the awesome demonstrations - bringing those guys and the big trailer couldn't have been cheap. Still amazed at the ease with which that rider tossed around that F800GS!

they sponsored the GS Challenge, too.

fwiw, the new CEO is committed to keeping close to the current faithful.

he clearly sees how their current customers can help them win new ones.

now, whether he's gunning for a car spot or not, hard to say..... :dunno

ian

Aren't they all?

My understanding is that Pieter wanted to run the NA motorcycle division. In a speech he delivered at last year's ON contributor's dinner, he clearly stated that he is a motorcycle guy and has no aspirations of moving to the car side.

Based on that and what we've seen happening with our relationship with BMW, I think he's telling us the truth. In our discussions with BMW and with Pieter, it's clear that there's a very different wind blowing through Woodcliff Lake, NJ.

Everyone wants to succeed and ascend.
To expect anyone, Pieter, et. al. to deny themselves so to stay in the MC division is somewhat naive.
That being said I am most appreciative of efforts made by BMW NA to enhance our rally experience.

To expect anyone, Pieter, et. al. to deny themselves so to stay in the MC division is somewhat naive.

Bzzzp. Not true for everyone by a long shot. My boss has way more authority than I do, greater presteige, and makes more than twice my salary. I have no interest in her position, and wouldn't apply if she were to retire. Some of us have desires that are fulfilled at other than stratospheric rank.

I also don't see the car side as the only option -- he can still advance while staying in the MC ranks, either by stepping up to the next larger MC country (or region) distribution division after BMW NA (e.g., Germany) or by moving up within the BMW AG MC division, perhaps with the aim of running the MC part of BMW AG some day.

My understanding is that Pieter wanted to run the NA motorcycle division. In a speech he delivered at last year's ON contributor's dinner, he clearly stated that he is a motorcycle guy and has no aspirations of moving to the car side.

Based on that and what we've seen happening with our relationship with BMW, I think he's telling us the truth. In our discussions with BMW and with Pieter, it's clear that there's a very different wind blowing through Woodcliff Lake, NJ.

I have not had the opportunity to have wine and cheese with the gentleman, has he always been on the motorcycle side? Where was he previously? As to how long he stays and where he goes time will tell. It certainly would be a nice change.

I have not had the opportunity to have wine and cheese with the gentleman, has he always been on the motorcycle side? Where was he previously? As to how long he stays and where he goes time will tell. It certainly would be a nice change.

He was the head of BMW's motorcycling operations in S. Africa prior to coming here. I believe he had a tenure of several years in that position before requesting to come to the US.

If you have a chance to talk with him, he's clearly "one of us".

He was the head of BMW's motorcycling operations in S. Africa prior to coming here. I believe he had a tenure of several years in that position before requesting to come to the US.

I'll look him up the next time I am down at corporate. :thumb

He is big help in promoting GS riders and the community. I think he took a long contract here and he hopes to do business as one should. :thumb

BTW its BMW Motorrad USA ?

Just a question - what constitutes a "long contract" in BMW speak?

I think the initial employment contract is 2 years and Pieter took a five year one. There was an article about it in a BMW publication but I can't remember the source at the moment.

Back