• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Saturday Night Fireworks

indygt

67-year-old Teenager
The fireworks display was a really great idea and one that I hope becomes a tradition.
I've not seen it done previously. It was a delightful surprise and a great way to cap a rally.
BTW, I assume the biplane aerobatic performance before the Awards Ceremony was pre-arranged by the rally organizers. That was pretty damned cool, too. :brad:brad:brad:brad:brad:brad:brad:brad:brad

Big Kudos to the fireworks and the bi-plane organizers also. I must disagree on making the fireworks a tradition, however. Just thinking of all the extra money that could go to the kids charity or even to another killer grand prize or to lowering the admission cost or to a camp gears scholarship or to ???

I'm sure that fireworks display was multi-thousands of dollars. It was a very unexpected and appreciated feature to my Saturday evening...

I didn't hear or see any kind of announcement about the fireworks. I was in the showers when they started and I thought something blew up at first!
After a minute or so, I figured out what it was and watched the rest. Very nice display, but I bet it cost almost as much as a new BMW!

The bi-plane appeared to be a PITT's Special and the pilot put on a great show for us. The fireworks capped a very enjoyable rally. I had set my tent up against an embankment that was to the left of the entrance road. The rain during 2 nights and most of one day left me with waterfront property. After one rider dropped his LT trying to ride out we quickly hastened to help him (no damage to bike or rider) and then helped others move bikes to dry ground. This was my first rally and will not be my last. Ride safe :usa :thumb

I'm sure that fireworks display was multi-thousands of dollars. It was a very unexpected and appreciated feature to my Saturday evening...

The fireworks were donated. We did not have to use any money that could have gone to the charity.

The fireworks might have been donated by the "Pyro Brothers"......they are the son's of the folks that own most of the field the fair is set up on. I had the pleasure of meeting them and became friends with their sons. We were sitting around our camp one night talking and the boys joined us and someone mentioned that fireworks would be nice. We were soon informed that these two boys handled all the fireworks for the various fair events. They said...."You want fire works? We'll give you fireworks....wait until Saturday night!" I never found out if they were responcible or if the MOA had it planned and paid for all along. In any event, it was great!

I have no idea who paid for them, but you were looking at a $10K + fireworks demonstration...........

Ed and Dot, who live in the house behind the YB emcampment (parents of the pyro boys), and allowed us to have electricity for all that coffee that everyone drank every morning (15 gallons every morning!) are just about the nicest folks you are ever going to meet on planet earth! ( I left them two YANKEE Beemer hats.......:thumb ...kind of an inside joke....)

The fireworks might have been donated by the "Pyro Brothers"......they are the son's of the folks that own most of the field the fair is set up on. I had the pleasure of meeting them and became friends with their sons. We were sitting around our camp one night talking and the boys joined us and someone mentioned that fireworks would be nice. We were soon informed that these two boys handled all the fireworks for the various fair events. They said...."You want fire works? We'll give you fireworks....wait until Saturday night!" I never found out if they were responcible or if the MOA had it planned and paid for all along. In any event, it was great!

I have no idea who paid for them, but you were looking at a $10K + fireworks demonstration...........

Ed and Dot, who live in the house behind the YB emcampment (parents of the pyro boys), and allowed us to have electricity for all that coffee that everyone drank every morning (15 gallons every morning!) are just about the nicest folks you are ever going to meet on planet earth! ( I left them two YANKEE Beemer hats.......:thumb ...kind of an inside joke....)

haha, i was wondering where you got the coffee lectricy' from

and one of those pyro boys tried buying my hat, he was about the 5th person that offered me money for it at the rally.:laugh

*that* was southern hospitality. even to yankees! :ha

I was told the fireworks were organised and paid for by the Johnson City Chamber of Commerce as a thank you for us coming to the area. I know that the locals I spoke to were thrilled by the politeness and good behaviour of the rally participants. I spoke to one of the fairgrounds supervisors on Sunday morning and he was thrilled at the lack of trash strewn around, he even asked if we'd consider returning in the future.
All in all it looks like we did a good job from a public relations and practical point of view.
Cheers,
Ian :drink:drink

Lisa captured some good ones. Rally photo's here.

3749392581_324de9503e_b.jpg

3750183228_6003109c79_b.jpg

3750183182_62247c7b9b_b.jpg

Back hill Boys "Security"

Yeah those Security boys were up in the corner where I pitched my tent.
Did anybody figure out what their t-shirts said "Bar above an N"?
They were a riot. Their "ho" girlfriends as they refered to them were making money selling dogs, biscuits and gravy and coffee! Did anybody catch the biscuits of the blonde on the first day? I am going to go hunting with the shorter dude named DOG!
Hey Bubba show us a pix of your hat!

The "bar" and the "N" stands for "Barn"...........Where they all hang out up in the top field.

Those girls were selling food...............I missed it. My eyes were preoccupied......:dunno

Back