• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2009 Rally attendance?

Was really disappointed that when the tallies for registration were given they mentioned a number of countries but never mentioned Canada. Ever year a large number of Canadians come to the rally, the least they could have done was recognize this. Heck Belise got mentioned.
Anyone know how many Canadians attended

Well I know of two! Myself and a buddy of mine. We came from Newfoundland & Labrador. For the record, I had a fantastic 7166km round trip. (that's ~4500 miles for the non-metric types).

we were in VT, this rally was more fun for us. Redmond is out of reach, but we.ll go in 2011 if its anywhere near the east coast. Like Ohio or nearer.

The walk-in line moved quickly Thursday AM even though the lot was already filled with bikes -- the longest part of our registration was filling in the forms. There were lots of volunteers handling registration and things moved quickly.

It's the 25th....I'm still in line!

Was really disappointed that when the tallies for registration were given they mentioned a number of countries but never mentioned Canada. Ever year a large number of Canadians come to the rally, the least they could have done was recognize this. Heck Belise got mentioned.

I agree. Lots of Canadians attend..........

I don't think they mentioned Canada because so many of your folks show up that you are considered a normal part of the general membership. It seemed like about every third person I talked with was from Canada.

Ken

I was wondering when the first post like this would appear and the discussion would start again. :violin
I hope one of these days we will get 0% of bikes in trailers and the organisers will not have to bother anymore with the Vintage Bike display (can you see a perfectly restored 1965 R69S being ridden from Florida to Redmont:dunno)

I think you might have misinterpreted the comment by IndyGT. You must know that the Vintage Display is always a popular stop for rally-goers. Thanks for taking the extra effort to add to the rally, by bringing your older beauties for all of us to enjoy. :thumb

Don't take this personel but I was charged with drunk driving 35 years ago,and been ticket free since learning from my mistake, but Canada won't allow me into there country for that. So i'll just spend my time and money in the good old USA. Who needs such c**p!!

I'm not sure how Canada not letting you in the country leads to a good reason for the MOA to not mention the number of Canadians in attendance at the rally.

There are procedures you can go through to regain entry into Canada after a period of time. 35 years is plenty. If you're interested, you can visit this website, which has links to forms and people you can contact. Even if you disagree with their governments actions, there are plenty of really great people in Canada, and it's a beautiful country to visit.

Last edited:
5%? Are you sure?

5% out of 6,000 = 300

That would be much more than I would have guessed. Where did the 5% come from?

/Guenther
(Watching the Texas-HDs-on-trailer migration every August going north on I-25)

There must have been a few really big trailers because my friends bike broke down and I went looking to borrow a trailer to retrieve him and I didn't see anywhere near 300 trailers around the camp sites or in the parking lots.

5% out of 6,000 = 300

That would be much more than I would have guessed. Where did the 5% come from?

/Guenther
(Watching the Texas-HDs-on-trailer migration every August going north on I-25)
e

Where could you hide 300 trailers in Johnson City?

Jack Wells used a trailer. To haul 15 vintage bikes. I also saw some bikes being loaded into the beds of pickups. Both would reduce the actual number of trailers, right?

Jack Wells used a trailer. To haul 15 vintage bikes. I also saw some bikes being loaded into the beds of pickups. Both would reduce the actual number of trailers, right?

I'm sure there were a number of trailers parked in hotel parking lots, as well.

Back