• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

NYC area BMW dealers

bigsur52

04 1150RS
What are your recommendations for a good dealer in the NYC area? I stopped into BMW of Manhattan a couple of times for accessories and parts, and did not feel particularly comfortable about them servicing my bike. Too much attitude, perhaps not enough customer service?

Maybe i just hit them at a bad time. Would be interested in your thoughts.

Stay far away from BMW of Manhattan.. There are many posts about their service/customer service.... I either have Max's in Troy NY pick my bike up at no charge or take the time to ride up there... They are a 1st class operation in all aspects.. Their labor rate also reflects where they are...

I deal mostly with Max in NH and they are a fantastic bunch of people.

Sales, Service, Parts and their technicians

I have not dealt with Max in Troy, but since it is run by his brother, I would assume the same level of excellence.

I've heard a lot of good things about Cross Country and Max's.

I've heard mixed reports about both Cliffs in Ct., BMW NYC and Gold Coast on Long Island. Kinda stinks not having a good dealer close by. :violin

FWIW, I live on Long Island and when I need parts or accessories, I order from Bob's or Chicago BMW.

My LT has 5 more payments. When I get ready to buy my GS, I'll be heading to Bob's in Maryland.

HTML:
My son and I purchased our RT's from Cliff's back in June and found them to be great to work with. Although, we thought the 600mile service was a little pricey they did a good job and provided us with loaners. Their labor rate is a lttle higher than Max's but thats probably because of their location. A friend on mine just had some extensive work done on his bike at Max's and was quite pleased with the results. I think they charged $25.00 for p/u in CT. which is a real bargain today.

How about Cross County BMW in Metuechin, NJ? Has anyone had good experiences with this dealer?

I've been there one time. I bought my RT right up the road in Linden,NJ and ask the PO of my RT where the closest shop was. They were very nice to me, but I did drop about $400.00 while I was there. they sold my bike new and did all the service on it up to the time I bought it. I talked to one of the Techs and he was willing to share service and tuning info with me. thats all I know about them....

Cliff's ....

Well I was at Cliff's in April for 12000 mi tune up. Definitely pricey and but the story only starts here.
The tech that took the bike in recommended new rear tire but I declined because I was shopping around for a set. I sign a form that I DO NOT wan the tire and went on my way. They were a couple of days late with the work and could not deliver the bike for one more week so I decided to pick it up.

Guess what was waiting for me at the shop?
New rear tire installed and charged on the bill. Plus when they loaded the bike on my trailer I found that the side covers are missing. It took them some time to find them.

The service manager had only couple of minutes to drop by and say he is sorry.

At the and, they took the labor for the tire off the bill but discounted the tire only to a price I can find on line.

Bottom line. I will go there only if nothing else is available.

I will they the LI dealer next.

cross country

Just had work done at cross country. Very satisfied with the work. Brian and Joe were very helpful. The work was done quickly, got the bike back in two days. All shops are expensive, just a function of today's economy. I will say I was called before any major part was installed and given options.

+1 on Cross Country BMW in Metuchen NJ

I've bought 2 new bikes from them and use them for all my service. I would have bought my newest bike from them but they didn't have any '08 GT's left so I went to Max's BMW in Upstate NY to trade in my ST and pick up the GT (10 July 09). Max's was also a great operation.

CC BMW have always taken very good care of my bikes and it's great walking into a shop where everyone knows you.

Well I was at Cliff's in April for 12000 mi tune up. Definitely pricey and but the story only starts here.
The tech that took the bike in recommended new rear tire but I declined because I was shopping around for a set. I sign a form that I DO NOT wan the tire and went on my way. They were a couple of days late with the work and could not deliver the bike for one more week so I decided to pick it up.

Guess what was waiting for me at the shop?
New rear tire installed and charged on the bill. Plus when they loaded the bike on my trailer I found that the side covers are missing. It took them some time to find them.

The service manager had only couple of minutes to drop by and say he is sorry.

At the and, they took the labor for the tire off the bill but discounted the tire only to a price I can find on line.

Bottom line. I will go there only if nothing else is available.

I will they the LI dealer next.

I had a similar tire experience there as well! Try Max's

Max will be opening in Northern NJ - hopefully in the old BMW dealer on RT.46/10/80 area in the future.

Max will be opening in Northern NJ - hopefully in the old BMW dealer on RT.46/10/80 area in the future.

This has been rumored for years... Have you heard something concrete? That would be a great thing though!

What needs to happen is an MOA sanctioned Dealer/Service Survey.
Keep in anonymous with to the point questions, rating from 1 bad to 5 great - A 'small' area for commenting and space for dealers name.
A pretty big undertaking but i think if broken down into NE, SE, NW, SW it could probably happen.
Good work needs to be rewarded as much as bad work needs to see the light of day.
I do realize some of the general public have unreasonable expectations...
There are also just as many who have been taken advantage of due to circumstance.

-Anyway-
For the record, I used to live on Long Island. BMWNY in Huntington was the worst. Period.
I understand he's gone now... Good Riddance.
I used ride up to Heid's in Johnsburg NY on my /5,to get some stuff done.
Bill was the guy to see.

My advice... Stay out of the Tri-State area.

i have dealt with Cliff's when they were in Danbury and both there sales staff as well as there service dept. were horrible. since moving to Brookfield CT. and hiring some new people i have been 100% happy with them and would recomend them highly.

i have also dealt with Max in Troy NY and they are a 1st class operation as well.

Cliff`s BMW

I bought and have my 05 R1150 serviced at Cliff`s have mostly good experience with sales , service and parts dept. one thing I found is trying to get a demo ride they are a little evasive more than once and parts depending on the mood of the person can be neg. ,Frank is always great! Service is pricey but thats true of most dealers, the work has always been v.g. give them a second chance !

I bought my first Rt from Cross Country and had some service done there. All in all I was pleased with their sales and service depts. Id recommend them.

Back