Thread: Which Rear Shock?

DMGOFORTH

Question Which Rear Shock?

Greetings,

I have just acquired a 1991 R100RT under 20k miles. After owning a few of the new beemers, I have happily returned to an airhead.

I am shopping for a new rear suspension unit. I am not that concerned with price; I want a quality unit.

Any recommendations (and why) would be greatly appreciated.

MARKB635
    I really like the Wilbers shock on my monolever. It is a nice complement to my Progressive fork springs. Coming from a dual shock airhead, I didn't know an airhead could feel so refined. I bought it through Bikepaintr, who is a member of this forum.

On the Road
    if you don't mind me asking. which version of the monolever Wilbers did you choose? Can you post a photo?

I was on the beemershop website looking through the choices and I find it a little confusing.

cheers,

g

I upgraded to a Works shock several years ago on my 88 R100RT, and I'm quite happy. For better or for worse, the shock does have a remote reservoir, but it seems like most after market shocks for our bikes do. However, my only other experience with a shock was the original with 80,000 + miles on it, so just about anything would have been better. The shock was built for my weight and riding style. While there are probably better shocks for more money, I think it's a good shock at a reasonable price.

I hope my $0.02 helps you in your decision.
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

MARKB635
    I have the Wilbers 630. It does not have the remote reservoir. I don't have a picture handy, but I'm sure you could find one with a quick google search.
    Last edited by markb635; 07-15-2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: spelling

DMGOFORTH

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I will probably go with a Works or a Wilbers.

FABIOX

rear SHOCKS

I got the YSS and I loved it

http://rubberchickenracinggarage.com/yss.html