• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How much cash?

slater

So understanding that everyone vacations differently, I'm curious how much cash I need to bring? It would appear the vendors take plastic, and I imagine most of the gas stations/eateries in the area do as well. But I'm not from the area, so don't know for sure. Also this is my first rally (if you couldn't tell from my other stupid question I asked), so don't know what the pricing is on food inside the rally area.

Can I get away with bringing, say, $50 in emergency cash, and put everything else on plastic?

Maybe some of the more experienced rally-goers have some experiences to share?

As always, I thank you for your time.

third rally newby

So understanding that everyone vacations differently, I'm curious how much cash I need to bring? It would appear the vendors take plastic, and I imagine most of the gas stations/eateries in the area do as well. But I'm not from the area, so don't know for sure. Also this is my first rally (if you couldn't tell from my other stupid question I asked), so don't know what the pricing is on food inside the rally area.

Can I get away with bringing, say, $50 in emergency cash, and put everything else on plastic?

Maybe some of the more experienced rally-goers have some experiences to share?

As always, I thank you for your time.

Food Vendors like a fast cash transaction, but previous rallies have had a cash machine ATM close by. (BURP):eat

With BBQ as a main focus of many of us, it would have been JUST PLAIN SILLY for the planners of this Rally NOT to include BBQ vendor at the rally site? Right?

I usually take a couple of hundred "just in case" but I usually have over half left when I get home. Some fo the backroad stores and restaurants do business on a cash only basis. Even if they do take credit cards, the dial-up and slow connections hold up the line at the cash registers.

Ken

Now that my bank doesn't charge me ATM fees, I need little cash in my pocket when I start a trip.

I'm at the rally site already. Plenty of ATM machines just down the road. Lots of places to eat and grocery store nearby. I'm not sure how it could be any better!

Who needs cash?

As soon as my bank stopped changing ATM fees I stop carrying cash. If a merchant balks or does not accept it I move on. I carry a 20 dollar bill for emergencies.
Ron

Back