• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Milw 2 Knoxville (7/15) 2 Deals Gap 2 Rally

N

nevada72

I'm leaving the Milwaukee area weds, 7/15 (6 am) and slabbing (more or less) to Knoxville. I'll arrive Weds night (7-8 PM) and stay at the Comfort Suites off of I-40. Thursday a.m will be a run down the Dragon, over to Asheville, up the BRP to Little Switzerland, and cutting over to Johnson City - roughly 330 miles and 8 hours of scenic joy ride. On the slab day I plan on moving pretty fast and limiting my stops within reason. Thursday is pure, meandering fun.

Anyone interested in riding along for all or part of it is welcome. Also, I would be interested in hearing from people that are leaving the SE WI area looking for people to join their group.

if you were leaving monday I'd be with you.

I have to pick up my wife at the asheville airport wed at 11:45am.....

:scratch Meandering Ah! In that region of the App's/Blue Ridge... that 330mi
is 10 - 12 hrs on the day. Your avg moving speed, about 42.5mph.
thats why its so good. And 330 could become 365 for any reason.
It WILL be a long day you will enjoy, if the roads/weather are fine!

:scratch Meandering Ah! In that region of the App's/Blue Ridge... that 330mi
is 10 - 12 hrs on the day. Your avg moving speed, about 42.5mph.
thats why its so good. And 330 could become 365 for any reason.
It WILL be a long day you will enjoy, if the roads/weather are fine!

I figured that was a possibility. There's plenty of "bailout" routes along my itinerary. If I get sick of the fun I can always cut bait.:thumb Maybe I'll hit the Dragon a little earlier in an effort to get to JC earlier and avoid squids, who everyone knows are prone to sleeping in late. :D

if you were leaving monday I'd be with you.

I have to pick up my wife at the asheville airport wed at 11:45am.....

I'm still hoping to get in on that coffee you make. :D Btw - I followed your lead and bought some Micatechs. Hope they arrive in time!

Cool!

I'll have to look you up and bring the coffee over. hoteling this one due to the wife as she need to spend some time studying. Won't stop me from jetting down in the AM though. Like the cases?

I'll PM you my cell number.

Back