• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Verison cell phone signal at the rally.

Do you mean Verizon?

Does anyone know how the verison cell phone service is in the area?

If you mean Verizon, I believe it's fine. I use Verizon and was there last October for a site walk through and had no problems with service. However, I don't recall looking at the signal strength, either.

Does anyone know how the verison cell phone service is in the area?

I live about 3 miles from the rally site and Verizon has the best coverage in this area of any provider. There may be a few low signal spots, but you should still have adequate signal with Verizon.

AT&T users might have issues in and around the area, but Verizon is good.

What about Sprint-Nextel coverage?

Using a blackberry..which can come in handy if I need to surf the web. Will it be good in the area?

I live about 3 miles from the rally site and Verizon has the best coverage in this area of any provider.

If Verizon is okay, Sprint will work as well. They both use CDMA towers and have roaming agreements with each other. As always. it's a good idea to keep the newest preferred roaming list (PRL) on your phone.

AT&T Works

I had good AT&T service at the rally grounds in past visits.

Riding Like the Wind...

CHASMAN

When you get there dial *228 on your Verizon phone and follow the prompts. It will take 30 sec to 3 min then the phone will automattically reboot. You will then be updated.

I recomend doing this monthly as well. It does help.

I live about 3 miles from the rally site and Verizon has the best coverage in this area of any provider. There may be a few low signal spots, but you should still have adequate signal with Verizon.

Ken,

You are in the running for the least miles ridden to the Rally :wave

Verizon coverage in the area is good. They recently bought out Alltel and merged it with Verizon. The only thing to watch is in Dickenson County, VA (Breaks Interstate Park). There is a cell tower or towers in that area that doesn't have a roaming agreement and you get charged roaming charges if you pick up thei towers. If the roaming R on your phone is blinking, you won't have a roaming charge but if it does not, you will. I found tht out last year when the Chromeheads had a rally at the park when I got my bill.

Ken

Back