• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Beware of "Happy-Trail"

willclark

Just had a go-round with "Todd" from Happy Trail parts...seems they sent a misfitting part for my GS. When I contacted them "Todd" got on the phone and extremely sarcastically told me to contact the manufacturer (I bought the part from "him")....anyway he flatly refused to take a return telling me he would just send it back to me in the mail if I returned the item!!!....Just a heads up to the other members....go with Touatech instead....much better customer relations and care for you.....stay away from "Happy-Trail"

Hhmm, I haven't ordered tons of stuff from H-T, just two saddle bag racks (2 different bikes), tip over crash bars for 2 different bikes, and they gave great service.

On my last purchase I had a newer saddle bag mount and a couple of bolts were missing and I called them to correct them on the misprint in their instructions, that is when they realized the goof with the print and quickly sent off the new bolts, they were very helpful over the phone.

If Tim Bernard is still the owner, why not contact him directly?

From the web -
http://www.happy-trail.com/ContactUs.aspx
Physical Address:
Happy Trails Motorcycle Products
4545 W Chinden Blvd
Boise, ID 83714
Toll Free: (800) 444-8770
Local: (208) 377-8771
Fax: (208) 377-8772
orders@happy-trail.com (orders related)
shipping@happy-trail.com (shipping questions)
installation@happy-trail.com (installation questions)
returns@happy-trail.com (return authorization)
webmaster@happy-trail.com (web questions)

How about a few more details?

My experiences with HT also don't match with what you're alleging.After mounting the kit I was unhappy with the fit/finish of the installation; the cases had excessive flex around their mount points. I inquired HT about some possible improvements that could be made to their install kit. They were helpful in sending extra parts and pieces. Tim asked that I send a picture of my finished install to show what improvements were made and to give the end results.

I received the extra mounting parts and changed the install slightly. My cases are now solid. (1 extra mount w/ larger washers is all that was required on each side.)

I have no problem giving an exact play-by-play of my experience and I paid full price for the parts ordered. I have no affiliation with HT.

It is always disturbing to read this sort of post. We are asked to take the posterÔÇÖs word about the interaction he had with the vender, and to then take adverse action against a manÔÇÖs business that he has in all probability poured his heart and soul into building. I have no reason to doubt WillÔÇÖs version, but I also have no basis for assuming it is credible; I simply do not know Will. I have done business with Happy Trails on one occasion for a large amount of merchandise and my experience was positive. I know of two others who also had positive interactions with HT. IÔÇÖve never met Mr. Bernard, but IÔÇÖm willing to assume he will do whatever he reasonably can to avoid having someone as unhappy as Will appears to be out here diminishing the reputation of HT. Will, give contacting the owner a shot... thatÔÇÖs my recommendation.

What kind of company does not accept returns on items that they don't manufacture? That alone is ample reason not to do business with them.

What kind of company does not accept returns on items that they don't manufacture? That alone is ample reason not to do business with them.

Again another clear case of one side of the story.

Who knows? Maybe he was a total jerk to them?

There needs to be a thread or a section for vendor issues. The only posts can come from the person with the issue, the vendor and the mod. this is how it's handled on a lot of forums.

Has anyone here shown or talked to the vendor th let him know someone is defaming him? :dunno

Again another clear case of one side of the story.

Who knows? Maybe he was a total jerk to them?

There needs to be a thread or a section for vendor issues. The only posts can come from the person with the issue, the vendor and the mod. this is how it's handled on a lot of forums.

Has anyone here shown or talked to the vendor th let him know someone is defaming him? :dunno

When you quote someone, you should try to stick to the quoted topic.

My post was not "another clear case of one side of the story". I didn't offer an opinion on the OP's version of the story, one way, or the other. I merely commented on Happy Trails' return policy, as stated on their website.

I also did not defame anyone. If you meant to say that the OP was defaming Happy Trails, you should have stated that clearly.

Back