• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This may be WISHFUL thinking, but

I suggest those that want to do a group swim post on the message board in registration a time and where/when. Fun to go together. If I can get my wife to go....sheesh...125lbs and she complains shes fat.....puuuulease....Well I'm down 30lbs since march....

I then made the suggestion she'd never been to a rally! Remember the demographic! LOL!

Last edited:
Don't tell anybody

but my wife is one of those who if they can't see the bottom of the lake won't swim in it... :dunno

that is why i was asking about a water park.

and so as to clarify, i was thinking wishfully about the weather cooperating, not about there not being a place to go in TN. :usa

Swimming Options in the Area

Hi, everyone. This is actually Hillman's daughter, and I live in Gray, just a short distance from the fairgrounds.

There have been several replies, and I would agree that The Wetlands in Jonesborough is a great pool / waterpark. It is open weekdays and Saturdays from 10 am - 6 pm and Sundays from 12 pm - 6 pm. The admission for adults is $11. However, if you wait until after 3pm, many people (including large groups of kids) leave and the admission is only half price.

Also, there is a swimming area at Boone Dam. It is free, and there are restrooms there. From Gray, you would take 75 toward the airport (east). After crossing 36 (Kingsport Highway) go a mile or two and you will go through an area of new bridge construction. Right after this bridge, you will turn right on Boone Dam Road. Go another couple miles and there is a swimming area on the right and an overlook at the end of the road.

I hope you all enjoy your visit!

Back