• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Kentucky eats

TRJeff

Will be ariving at KOA Kampground south of Louisville on Saturday, can you recomend a suitable eatery so we will not look out of place in our (T shirt and jeans) on the road gear. Our plan is to check out the Kentucky countryside and some of the Kentucky Bourbon tour:dance then head on to the MOA Rally.:drink

The Maker's Mark distillery near Bardstown is a 'must see' spot on the KY Bourbon Trail. They have a beautiful, picturesque rural setting with historic buildings and give a great tour (which is free IIRC). Definitely worth the trip! :wave

Absolutely correct! I was there at leaf time in the fall...driving up that lane into the distillery might just be the most peaceful place I have been! Beeeeutiful..and tastes great too!

What type of food/experience are you after?

There are a couple of chain restaurants that are down on the river near downtown. Joes Crab Shack & a mex food restaurant on River Road.

Many outstanding local restaurants with a great number of them up and down Bardstown road area, north of the I-264 loop exit, which is where the previously mentioned Lynn's Paradise Cafe is located. Other favorites up that direction are the Uptown Cafe, Lilly's, & Ramsi's Cafe on the World.

Favorite local restaurant/micro-brewery is called Bluegrass Brewery Company (BBC)

Here is a link to info regarding Louisville eateries. Take a look at the list of Downtown Louisville - Airport Restaurants for those closer to your KOA.

http://louisville.diningguide.com/dl1lo.htm

Let me know if you have specific requirements and I'll try to match you up :wave

How about Richmond?
I'll be looking for good sit down meal after a full day of riding.

Thanks!

How about Richmond?
I'll be looking for good sit down meal after a full day of riding.

Thanks!

Well, Richmond is a college town (Eastern KY University), an exit right off of I-75, and the location of the KY LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING CENTER (watch out for student speed detection training projects in this area).

As such, there is every sort of chain restaurant in or near Richmond, KY.

Two local restaurants are:

Acres of Land Winery
2285 Barnes Mill Road
Richmond, KY 40475
Tel: (859) 328-3000

Banana's Bar & Grill
1101 Kim Kent Dr
Richmond, KY 40475
Tel: (859) 624-3565

Just below Richmond is a town named Berea which has the KY FOLK ART CENTER just of the interstate and BEREA College with the "famous" Boone Tavern & Restaurant

Berea is hosting the 28th annual craft festival this coming weekend (7/10-12) if you're into such things. The craft festival is at the Indian Fort Theater, in the middle of Berea College forest, three miles east from downtown Berea. Admission is $5 for adults, children under 12 are free.

For more information, call 1-800-598-5263, or visit berea.com.

Back