• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in Chicago

E

evilmedic13

Hello,
I bought an R1200GS Adventure from Chicago BMW back in April. So far,I've farkled it about as much as I can, only 2 or 3 more farkles to go and she'll be all set.
We've already been on a nice trip to Alaska that got screwed up in a pleasant way. I made it all the way to Watson Lake and had to head south, but did make it to Hyder. So I made it to Alaska, just not the area I was trying to make. All in alll, it turned out better than I could have hoped. I'm a glass is half-full type, if you haven't noticed.
My other ride is a 2005 FJR1300A that compliments the Beemer perfectly.Here's a shot of the Feej and pre-farkled Beemer head to head
DSC07120.jpg

Hope to meet some of you out there. I know my riding season will end a little early this year, or won't have a much time as I used to, due to having a little one coming at the end of July. So, I'll try to make the most of what little time I'll have left after he shows up.:dance

Welcome to the forum Evilmedic13.

very nice rides both of them.

check out the Hexhead forum for information on your GSA, also check out your reginal foprum for local activities.

You got the perfect bike for a trip to Alaska.

If at first you don't succeed try again, because once you do the satisfaction is worth it.

If you have any pictures of your Alaska trip post them in the Ride Reports section.

Welcome aboard! :thumb

Luis

Welcome!

I'm a just glad I have a glass - now what do I do with it next, type. Sounds like you keep finding things to do with yours. I am looking forward to hearing more about what you find to do with those nice rides and your glass next.

Welcome to the MOA and the Forum.

Welcome. Great first post and what a nice stable of bikes you have.

Would love to hear more about your Alaska "adventure" sometime.

Back