Thread: New member in Chicago

evilmedic13

New member in Chicago

Hello,
    I bought an R1200GS Adventure from Chicago BMW back in April. So far,I've farkled it about as much as I can, only 2 or 3 more farkles to go and she'll be all set.
    We've already been on a nice trip to Alaska that got screwed up in a pleasant way. I made it all the way to Watson Lake and had to head south, but did make it to Hyder. So I made it to Alaska, just not the area I was trying to make. All in alll, it turned out better than I could have hoped. I'm a glass is half-full type, if you haven't noticed.
    My other ride is a 2005 FJR1300A that compliments the Beemer perfectly.Here's a shot of the Feej and pre-farkled Beemer head to head

Hope to meet some of you out there. I know my riding season will end a little early this year, or won't have a much time as I used to, due to having a little one coming at the end of July. So, I'll try to make the most of what little time I'll have left after he shows up.

Welcome to the forum Evilmedic13.

very nice rides both of them.

check out the Hexhead forum for information on your GSA, also check out your reginal foprum for local activities.

You got the perfect bike for a trip to Alaska.

If at first you don't succeed try again, because once you do the satisfaction is worth it.

If you have any pictures of your Alaska trip post them in the Ride Reports section.

Welcome aboard!

Luis
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Welcome!

I'm a just glad I have a glass - now what do I do with it next, type. Sounds like you keep finding things to do with yours. I am looking forward to hearing more about what you find to do with those nice rides and your glass next.

Welcome to the MOA and the Forum.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Welcome. Great first post and what a nice stable of bikes you have.

Would love to hear more about your Alaska "adventure" sometime.
    Ride Well