• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wanting to get a wheel chock for my GS

Fletch66

Greetings everyone. Can't wait for the rally this year. One thing I'm wanting to get a wheel chock to help hold my GS. I want one that is adjustable so if I need to haul my RT. Thanks for your input and see you at the rally.
Brad Doyle
Fairview Heights, IL

Here is one specifically for the BMW, was in the GS section at Max BMW's site.

This works on both the front and rear wheels

For additonal portability you could add some wheels.

B0004251.png

Here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/MainDiagrams.asp?mospid=50702

If it's to be mounted on a trailer...I have several of these...the base plate stays and the chock is removable. I have them in some enclosed trailers as well as on a "rescue" flatbed and being able to take the chock off returns the trailer to utility use. One person hassle free loading without having to hold the bike while you reach for the straps. Used it on H-D's, 1200RT, 1200R's , GS's and so on...have not found anything it will not hold...you still have to use additional straps for securing totally
Made in Canada...or was Called a Cycle-Pro

http://www.motorcyclejacks.com/chock.shtml

Greetings everyone. Can't wait for the rally this year. One thing I'm wanting to get a wheel chock to help hold my GS. I want one that is adjustable so if I need to haul my RT. Thanks for your input and see you at the rally.
Brad Doyle
Fairview Heights, IL

Are you planning to trailer the GS behind the RT?:lurk

Baxley Sport Chock - a little pricey but it's the best chock I've used.

Get it here? (NOT SPAM - JUST THE MANUFACTURER)

This chock tightens onto the tire as you drive into it. It locks so the bike can't roll out. I've used it to haul many bikes (Ninja 250s, a few dirt bikes, Stroms, Busa, GS, and metric cruisers) and it never fails.

Just have to be willing to part with some pretty serious coin. 250$ + shipping?

I trailer my R1150R in my Gator trailer with a Harbor Freight wheel chock($29.95 on sale, $39.95 regular) and it works great If you are level it can be used without a helper and will hold the bike for you to strap down. I would never pay more , as what I'm describing does the job as well as possible. I have a white oak floor in my trailer and it is simply bolted down to the wood. Dont buy the cheaper one that is tubing only-get the Haulmaster that rocks forward as you ride on.

Back