• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lowered F650GS at the Rally?

toddschaefer

Is there someone attending the national rally with a factory lowered F650GS (single cylinder) motorcycle that would be so kind to let my wife sit on to see if she is comfortable with the height? WeÔÇÖve been looking for months for a factory lowered model but have not had any luck with one being close enough to try.

She'd also be interested in trying a lowered G650GS or a F650GS with the Kouba links installed.

Thank you in advance.

Lowered 2002 F650GS

My wife will be there with her yellow 2002 F650GS with silver Jesse Bags and trunk (MN plate#GSGIRL)which we have lowered 1 inch. Anyone is welcome to contact us and look at it, and sit on it. Robin is 5ft tall. We will be there from Wed afternoon to midday Friday.

Robin's E-Mail is gsgirl@prtel.com

Last edited:
Last year in Gillette BMW brought one or two lowered bikes with the demo fleet. You might want to wander over to the BMW area and check.

lowered F650GS

My 2005 F650GS is factory lowered. I'm 5ft tall, maybe even a bit less. My toes touch ground but not my heels. I'll be glad to show your wife the bike and my technique for handling it. Reach me by email at the rally Friday evening or Sat. I'll pick it up through my Blackberry. My email is shown through my profile. Thanks, Joan

i will be there with my factory lowered 2007 F650, NY plate: 65-MPG. if/when you see it parked feel free to have your wife sit on it.

PS: my bike has a custom seat on it made by Mr. Ed's, which your wife may or may not like.

parked next to my bike will be an '06 factory lowered bike, Texas plate: sngl chk which will have the stock low seat on it.

Where in Wisconsin...

are you? I've got a factory lowered F650 (the true F650 - single cylinder) 2007 bike. I"m in Milwaukee and would be happy to meet up. I'm taking my R1200GS to the rally (and am leaving on Monday the 6th) but after the rally, I'm available to meet. You can PM me or at my email address tvgal2000 at aol.com. I'm planning on selling the F650 once I return from the rally.
Thanks Todd:wave

Thank you

Thanks everyone for your kind assistance. My wife is very excited to get to the rally and meet some of you.

Have a safe ride to the rally.

lowered F650gs

Todd, Did you find a lowered bike at the rally and what did your wife think? Hope you both had a good time. I was surprised at the attention my bike received. Guys would stop and look it over. (I'm pretty sure it was the bike and not me they were checking out.) :blush

Back