• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post pictures of fun you had this summer on your bmw:

Trip to Mom's

In early July I got a wild hair and decided one Friday that I would ride to Mom's house (600 miles away in Alabama) for the weekend. I Bought a new mesh suit that day and hit the road. I arrived in Vicksburg MS late that night and stayed over. I was really lucky- Friday PM some nasty weather was in front of me, but it blew over as I slept and was behind me as I set out the next morning.
Along the way I took a brief diversion onto the Natchez Trace Parkway:

Attachments

• DSC00663.JPG
    DSC00663.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 666
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

This is my home town. Mom didn't know I was coming and was delightfully surprised. More surprised I s'pose, as how many mothers answer the door expecting to see their son standing there wearing silver mesh from neck to ankle? :uhoh
Anyway, this is a historic old church outside Tuscaloosa:

Attachments

• DSC00664.JPG
    DSC00664.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 665
Danger Will Robinson!!!

And this is what the sign in the background says:

Attachments

• DSC00668.JPG
    DSC00668.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 662
More lake road

I first drove the roads by the lake way too fast when I was 16. I'd wanted to ride them since I got into motorcycles three years before this trip.

Attachments

• DSC00671.JPG
    DSC00671.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 660
A bit of history

The house in which I lived during college. Oh if those walls could only talk! :evil My room was the windows all the way toward the back.

Attachments

• DSC00689.JPG
    DSC00689.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 654
Another day I took a ride northwest of Dallas. Here's an odd sight outside Texas Motor Speedway:

Attachments

• DSC00704.JPG
    DSC00704.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 792
Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

I stopped along the way for a burrito from Allsup's. If you've ever traveled in TexSux or New Mexico you know what I'm talkin' 'bout! Nothin' in the world like these little joy-bundles of deep-fried goodness! :eat

Attachments

• DSC00706.JPG
    DSC00706.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 788
Nope, it's not New England, but TexSux. The GS seat was a temproary thing while the stock unit was away at Rick Mayer's getting reworked and excorcised of the evil that some engineer wreaked on the collective butts of R100R riders.

Attachments

• DSC00707.JPG
    DSC00707.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 781
OK I'm going to cheat a little bit here. October may technically be autumn, but down in this part of the country it's still summer. I frequent a forum at www.boxerworks.com and those of us on that forum have decided to have TWO rallies of our own every year, in May and October, hosted at the property of a super-nice guy named Ken who lives five miles off the Talimena Scenic Drive in Oklahoma (Our host and location really ROCK!!!).
Unfortunately I was not able to bring The BatBike to the October rally because it was having some real bastard-from-hell charging system problems at the time. I didn't let that stand in the way of hanging with good friends and went in the Vegmobile instead. Probably saved my life as the drive up there was through some VERY nasty storms (which of course were replaced by sunshine the next day).
But Ken was gracious enough to loan me his extra bike for the weekend. Here I am on his 1978 R100S:

Attachments

• VegR100S.jpg
    VegR100S.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 777
Back