• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride Home From National/Ghost of Alton Brown

redclfco

I am riding home following Alton Brown's ""Feasting on Asphalt/The Great River Run"route, and plan on stopping by each location along the way from Memphis to Minnesota for the heck of it.

Has anyone done this route/silly excuse to eat?
Any advice as to places closed, or other good places that Alton missed?

Sounds like a great idea! Do you have the list?
I enjoyed that show.... wish he would do another.

Sounds like a great idea! Do you have the list?

Amazon has got my $6.95 for the used book and map, and I'm waiting patienty for more details other than my memory of watching the show. I was just trying to think of a creative s-l-o-w way to return home after the Rally since I have to rush so much on the slab getting there. :eat

Melanie's in West Memphis

I went to Melanie's in West Memphis - my daughters name - after watching one of the Alton Brown episodes. Only OWG (old white guy) in miles but the people and patrons were extremely friendly. A big family run business, I got a hug from the owner's Mom. Great people and good home style southern cooking! Lots of questions about the K1200GT.

Meeting new people and food places is half the fun of going to these rally's, the other half is, uh, well, BMWs!

Randy

I read that he wanted to, but Food Network nixed it because the appeal was too narrow, and had rating numbers to back their argument. He compromised and settled for one sailing around some islands.

I tried ... really tried ... to get him to West Bend.
Tried every which way to contact him.

Never did find out of any of my emails were read by a human being. :banghead

Dang.

Dang.

him and burnzilla seem to be buds:whistle

Dang.

wish you had told me that.

woolie at BMW of Atlanta could have hooked you up. he was that big tall guy in the background, with the booming voice, eating everything in sight.

ian

wish you had told me that.

woolie at BMW of Atlanta could have hooked you up. he was that big tall guy in the background, with the booming voice, eating everything in sight.

ian

yer killin' me!
:banghead

:laugh

Back